Siemens Smart Infrastructure are recruiting a Senior CAD Engineer to help us find solutions to make the world a smarter place for tomorrow. This role will be responsible for technical design CAD standards of DS equipment including Switchgear and associated protection systems.
We are looking for someone to enhance and further develop the standards in the existing portfolio of DS, which is a great opportunity. In the future this person will also drive, mentor and manage the future employees within the CAD department.
The role is based in Manchester. As a team we have a brilliant flexible working policy and encourage working remotely when appropriate. This role will report into the Engineering manager.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
Future thinker? Read on
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
· Ensure Technical Department design standards are fully reviewed, maintained and enhanced
· Production of engineering drawings including schemes and equipment layouts.
· Ensure all third Party suppliers conform to Siemens and IEC CAD standards
· Attend technical meetings with third part suppliers to review agreed CAD standards Procurement of all project specific items.
· Provide CAD support to the tendering department.
· Ensure CAD engineering consistency by attending engineering design reviews.
We are looking for super minds:
· Degree in Electrical engineering or HNC/HND Electrical Engineering with experience relevant to this role.
· Relevant electrical engineering experience associated with Medium Voltage Substation products and systems including switchgear and protection.
· Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
· Fully conversant with AutoCAD and Microsoft packages – Word, Excel etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time