Summary: The Edge Sales Specialists (ESSP) takes the lead to identify, qualify and win Industrial Edge opportunities with ready-to-scale Industrial Edge use cases in defined target customer segments. With a strong IT / IIOT background, the ESSP is able to lead/orchestrate e.g. IT integration / security customer interactions and to influence buying decisions with relevant IT stakeholders.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Identify, qualify and win Industrial Edge opportunities to grow our new software-driven business
- Act as “regional business developer” for Industrial Edge incl. regional target segment / customer focus linked to compelling value proposition based on ready-to-scale use case.
- Orchestrate the customer-centric approach by involving all necessary stakeholders at the customer side incl. IT / OT personas as well as internally (e.g. technical consultant, security experts, sales rep.)
- Foster close relationship with local SISW colleagues (OT-IT approach) to establish new SW-driven business incl. customer-centric collaboration models on joint opportunities
- Provide transparency on Industrial Edge KPIs incl. pipeline, won opportunities, revenue impact etc.
- Generate qualified success stories / references / lessons learned based on opportunities / customers
- Bachelors degree within Engineering or IT related field required.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Basic Edge knowledge on devices, apps, docker technology and value add of these technologies
- Knowledge and application of new value selling sales strategies (e.g. system sales, challenger sales)
- Knowledge on software business models, ecosystem business, and consulting
- Prior knowledge of manufacturing industry
- Technical sales background preferred.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.