Teamcenter Release Manager’s focus is to release the portfolio (brand and applications) on time, predictably by implementing accountable KPIs and process flows to enhance the ability of the combined product team to successfully ensure the timely and reliable delivery of all Teamcenter and associated applications.
The fundamentals of the objectives of the Release Manager role is to ensure
- Predictable cadence (internally and externally)
- Metrics / Data driven decision making / forecasting
- Accountability enabled by data driven transparency
- Solution cohesion, driven by holistic systems thinking
- On time delivery
This position is a critical part of the Teamcenter DevOps organization that invests heavily in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) automation that is foundational to the “software factory” that the global software engineering teams use hour to hour. The release manager role pays strict attention to the CI/CD pipeline tools to ensure maximum throughput of quality code.
- System and Solution Analysis, weekly, monthly, quarterly, quality, and release trends
- Relentless commitment to continuous improvement, driven by continuous collaboration with the 150 Agile Teams
- Via Weekly accountability reviews with the Agile Team leaders
- Via Weekly written communications, including detailed analyses, trends, progression toward quality criteria
- Via Quarterly Program Reviews with Vice President of the Teamcenter business
- One on one emphasis driving deeper analysis, and continuous improvement for all DevOps tools, detailing requirements, modelling prototypes, analytical models, all aimed at helping the commercial product development teams be more productive by providing efficient tools and deep analytics to drive data driven decisions.
- Working with Application owners to conform to expected quality criteria, naming, and releasing standards
- Ensure the customer facing deliverables are provided in a cohesive presentation via collaborating with the customer delivery team to ensure alignment of delivery and interoperability
- Administer and monitor existing automation infrastructure, both hardware and software
- Undergo root cause analysis of failures and address the underlying issues by enhancing scripts and utilities
- Systems thinking and in-depth analytics to drive the delivery of the Teamcenter portfolio
- Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms meets specified goals/criteria
- Collaborate with local and global teams to perform job functions to help ensure the high-quality of Teamcenter releases
- Utilize internal applications to document and track application configurations, failures and to provide status of assigned tasks.
- Attend ad-hoc and standing team, release, and organizational meetings.
- Provide compelling dashboards (information radiators) for global team consumption, executive to engineer
- Works with general supervision on complex projects with latitude for independent judgment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1-2 years of job experience in software development or related role
- Demonstrated systems/solution orientation (breadth vs depth)
- Demonstrated Analytical skills
- Familiarity with Analytical tools including Business Intelligence, Data warehousing
- Proficient use of advanced Microsoft Excel analytical techniques
- Strong organizational skills, including Program Management, written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated understanding of Software Development Agile methods and practices (e.g. SAFe)
- Demonstrated understanding of DevOps tooling related to CI/CD software factory operations (e.g. Jenkins, Electric Flow, Git)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years leadership experience working with large teams
- Demonstrated development of Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence solutions, emphasizing pattern recognition, and predictive failure models
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.