Suppose you are looking for the next step in your career where you can showcase your technical skills and passion for problem-solving and process improvement while at the same time displaying your leadership and interpersonal skills at Siemens Mobility Customer Services. In that case, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are in the top 10 on Forbes' list of great places to work and are recognized by Fortune as one of the most Admired companies 2020.
We are global entrepreneurs, trusted by our partners to pioneer transportation, moving people sustainably and seamlessly from the first mile to the last.
We are a growing organization that provides a wide array of services from spare parts and vendor-managed inventory concepts to long-term maintenance and technical support contracts and exciting digital offerings to support Rolling Stock and Rail Infrastructure across North America. Our goal is to provide services to ensure mobility systems constantly run efficiently, reliably, and sustainably.
We are looking for a motivated individual for the Commercial Project Manager (CPM) role, which will partner with the Project Manager (PM) in executing a 15-year Technical Support and Spares Supply Agreement (TSSSA) with our strategic Customer, Via Rail Canada.
This position will function as a World Project Controller leading the project's financial performance in the US and coordinating with the technical and commercial teams in Canada.
The ideal CPM would have the following proficiencies: Financial Acumen, Project Results, Customer Orientation, Teamwork & Influence, and Change Agent. We challenge you to apply these skills to effectively lead this project, ensuring we achieve our financial targets while complying with contract clauses and FRG's.Responsibilities:
- Ensure clean and accurate record-keeping of the project's financial statements in adherence to the Company's policies and FRG's.
- Prepare accurate Forecast of P&L and Free Cash Flow on a yearly and monthly basis analyzing and keeping a record of FC assumptions to explain deviations and drive the team to make sure we attain forecast goals.
- Become a trusted partner by Collaborating, Leading, and Educating team members from other areas on all financial and compliance topics.
- Prepares commercial presentations for monthly status meetings with our management team and quarterly presentations to Global CEO & CFO from our HQ in Germany.
- Supports the Project Manager in identifying, reporting, avoiding, or mitigating non-conformance costs; supports the implementation of lessons learned into own project and the organization in general.
- Lead Risk & Opportunities identification and reporting process for the project. Manage the risks, contracts, and claims, ensuring compliance with LoA guidelines for commercial aspects.
- Ensures efficient communication with all relevant internal and external partners such as internal Management team, HR, Quality Management, EHS, customers, suppliers, consortium partners
- Partner with our Procurement on negotiations with vendors and leading/supporting the claim management process
- Actively participates in change orders with Customers - ensuring price calculations and proposals are helpful to all partners.
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance/Economics (or related field) or advanced degree
- CPM certification completed or in progress
- Knowledge of Accounting principles in alignment with FRGs.
- Experience in Financial Planning and Controlling.
- Proven success managing large-long term projects, preferably but not limited to the Customer Service business
- Ability to read and interpret contracts
- Knowledge of SAP
- Strong understanding of POC accounting and project controlling requirements (accurate bookkeeping, risk, and opportunity mgmt., currency mgmt.)
- Experience in contract negotiations (customer change orders and claims as well as negotiations with vendors)
- Driven personality with the ability to generate positive change
- Results-oriented attitude with the ability to find opportunities to improve margin through Change Orders and continuous improvement initiatives
- This is a multifaceted, ever-changing role with high visibility and a promotional track for those who can go above and beyond.
We are looking for a great teammate with excellent communication and strong leadership skills who can work effectively with several multi-functional teams and levels of management with long-term vision and adaptability to change.Benefits:
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Commercial Project Manager, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.