How can you help us craft the future as a Wiring and Mechanical Assembler?
We are looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our manufacturing team! In this role you will assemble or modify electromechanical equipment (BN, etc.) with the use of mechanical tools and blue prints drawings. You will also wire switchboards with the use of wiring schematics.
What are your responsibilities?
- Operates tools and equipment common to the mechanical trade (e.g. hand & power tools).
- Processes work orders (with the use of computers, scanning devices, etc.) in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
- Scans in and out of work orders (with the use of computers, scanning devices, etc.) in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
- Reads and interprets documents associated with the completion of mechanical assembly assignments (e.g. blueprints, bill of materials, one-line diagrams, etc.)
- Gathers parts and accessories required in the assembly process
- Assembles fabricated parts to create unit assemblies (Switchboards) or subassemblies.
- Fastens component parts on frames, subassemblies, or unit assemblies.
- Connects cables and basic wires.
- Verifies that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Disassembles units to adjust or replace parts.
- Marks unit assemblies with identifying information and/or attaches identifying tags.
- Reports non-conforming items (e.g. parts, schematics, blueprints, etc.)
- Prepares finished units for shipping (e.g. packing, sealing, labeling, etc.)
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Accesses and utilizes various documents, with the use of computers, associated with the manufacture of products in assembly (e.g. Quality and Safety Documents, Operating Instructions, etc.)
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
What are the required knowledge, skills & experience?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must complete and pass Essential Functional Testing
- At least 1 year of experience in Assembly / Manufacturing
- Able to read Blue Prints
- Knowledge using mechanical and measurement tools
- Basic computer skills
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Wiring experience and technical aptitude a plus
- Knowledge on electrical distribution equipment is a plus
- SAP experience is a plus
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.