*This role can reside in any US City
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens ADVANTA is looking for a Utility industry oriented Sales Professional who has a strong background in sales and business development related to Transmission, Distribution, & Generation utilities. The person will be responsible for account management, pipeline development and overall sales strategy activities for the Siemens Advanta portfolio at Power Utilities. Siemens Advanta offers an unmatched industrial DNA paired with strong IoT expertise to drive sustainable growth in a digital world. From strategy to design to implementation – we support our customers globally to successfully re-invent their businesses. We offer highly consultative value-add Digital and IoT consulting and technical solutions to our customers regionally in America’s, therefore your experience in delivery of commercial agreements, contractual understanding and cultural consideration is required in this role.
The Sales Executive is a customer success focused leader with 3 primary responsibilities: (1) account management, (2) pipeline development, (3) sales strategy execution.
1) Account Management: Develop a customer focused strategy and key relationships that will drive the Siemens Advanta message throughout the verticals within each assigned utility customer. Willing to operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters for each assigned utility customer.
2) Pipeline development: Create and maintain a viable pipeline developed from customer interactions. This pipeline will be used for business planning and must be accurate and updated at all times.
3) Sales strategy execution: Develop and implement detailed strategies to bring leads through the sales development process to qualified opportunities, contract negotiation, and finally to close. Willing to learn, through organized training, different sales strategies and utilize these skills to implement a methodology that successfully drives opportunities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience and existing relationships in Power Utilities in one of the following regions:
• Degree in a Business, Engineering, or related field.
• Experience and appreciation for digital transformation strategies, cloud and SaaS technologies.
• Experience in leading customer engagement and Agile project management for complex enterprise software solutions in the utility, industrial and/or manufacturing markets.
• Experience in managing and collaborating with global product teams across multiple geography locations and time zones.
• Enterprise Software - Cloud, SaaS, Professional Services Sales: 5 years.
• Power Utility Industry Sales: 5 years.
• Exceptional communication skills at all organizational levels, including written, oral, and presentation skills.
• Data-oriented, sharp, passionate, and forward thinking.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with an innate ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders and own decision making.
• Driven and solution oriented, striving to make a difference in the business and create a better customer experience for our people.
• Current awareness of the Energy and Power Utility market space and related issues
• Understanding of how to engage with not only IOU’s, but also larger municipalities and cooperative utilities
• Willingness to travel as often as necessary to achieve project uptake – up to 50%
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.