Your new role as R&D Engineer for Condition monitoring Evaluation of equipment in electrical distribution networks (f/m/d)
The rapid growth in distributed renewable generation capacity (solar, wind) worldwide is creating new challenges for the protection, the efficient, stable operation and the maintenance of distribution and transmission grids and equipment at all voltage levels. At the same time, rapidly developing technologies in the field of digitalization are opening up new opportunities to address these challenges and to transform networks in a cost-optimized way so that, for example, additional benefits are created for network operators and customers through the introduction of new services.
For our Research Group Switching & Power Grid we are looking for an employee to strengthen our research and development activities for condition monitoring of network resources in distribution networks. In interdisciplinary teams you will work independently on the development, implementation and evaluation of methods for monitoring and controlling grid resources such as switchgear, lines or transformers. In this way, you will lay the foundation for increased reliability in the operation of distribution networks, the development of flexible maintenance concepts and service life extension operating concepts.
Some of your responsibilities in your new role as R&D Engineer
- Investigation of sensor concepts for the detection of critical condition changes
- Model-based analysis and evaluation of sensor data
- Modeling and simulation of functional degradation of critical components of network resources up to life prediction of network resources depending on the operating conditions.
We trust you to leverage suitable software tools to create physical and data-based models of network resources and functionally critical components, validate the models using laboratory tests, implement them in state-of-the-art simulation platforms and use them to perform simulation calculations.
Furthermore, you will contribute to the creation of algorithms that are used to implement them in monitoring and control units of network resources.
To undertake this exciting challenge you will have…
- Completed studies in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or physics, ideally with professional experience / completed doctorate
- You bring at least basic knowledge in the field of electrical systems at medium or high voltage
- Advanced knowledge in the field of multi-domain (e.g. electromagnetic, thermal, mechanical) modeling and simulation of electrical systems and their components on platforms such as ANSYS Discovery, Simcenter 3D, MapleSim or COMSOL, modeling and simulation with Matlab Simulink, programming in at least one current programming language such as C++, Java or Python.
- Basic laboratory and testing experience
- Fascinated and curious about technology
- Open and enthusiastic for innovation and developments
- You are comfortable to work in a multicultural team, interdisciplinary & intercultural cooperation
- You are able to communicate well both in German and English
Make your mark in
our exciting world at Siemens.
https://new.siemens.com/ - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time