We are currently recruiting for skilled Technician with strong electrical, mechanical and fault diagnosis experience to join our Rolling Stock business based in Northampton. Rail experience is not essential to apply for the role as full training will be given.
This is a permanent opportunity to work on a shift pattern/rotation (mixture of days and nights).
What are your responsibilities?
- With minimal supervision undertake maintenance of the allocated rolling stock adhering to the requisite processes and procedures
- Assist other team members with the rolling stock maintenance in order to develop technical skills
- Identify, order and collect spares and materials from stores
- Assist with cleaning of rolling stock when required
- Apply train protection within the depot site
- Carry out train preparation
- Actively identify continuous improvement opportunities within own activities that will benefit customers and the business
- Actively participate in sharing best practice with colleagues and other teams on own site and other sites
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos
- Complete all records and reports accurately and to procedure using appropriate technology and systems
Depending on your site, you may also be required to cover one or more of the following activities:
- Carry out train overhaul activities
- Undertake remedial body-side and minor damage repair including paint application, mixing and spraying
- Fuelling, tanking and operation of Controlled Emission Toilet (CET)
- Drive rolling stock within the depot site limits
Health and Safety Responsibilities
Siemens has zero tolerance for unsafe ways of working and feels very strong about safety of its employees. As an employee of Siemens you will:
- Adhere to Siemens safety systems and controls in line with Rail Systems HSQE Company policies
- Take responsibility for raising issues of concern
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
- Experience of basic fault finding
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Ability to understand and care for tools, equipment and PPE
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Knowledge of TACT, Equinox
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time