Siemens is looking for a Field Service Technician for Medium Voltage, to be hired with a permanent contract in our division Smart Infrastructure Distribution System.
The Field Service Technician role reports to the Service Manager and it is located in Lombardia (Italy). She/he is responsible for technical direction, and assistance to Siemens customers and other Siemens field personnel in the operation, inspection, maintenance and repair of assigned product lines, utilizing understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and can affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
He/she will be responsible for commissioning and maintenance at the customer site in the local market on products in the medium voltage portfolio, particularly air and gas insulated equipment. The candidate will manage the performance of the project objective and for the submission of accurate field service reports, expense reports, worksheets and other useful documents on a daily basis providing exceptional customer service that aligns with Siemens vision and values.
Siemens creates Technology to Transform the Everyday
Siemens Smart Infrastructures offers a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer products, systems, solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning technology, as well as transmission and distribution of electrical power and systems for the low-voltage power grid level, smart grids.
What will you manage in the short term?
You will contribute to and deliver business processes or detailed technology solutions, in a self-managed and target oriented manner, and thus contributes to team results. Position is focusing on analyzing, developing, testing or implementing processes, technologies and systems in their specific field of expertise:
- Comply with health, safety and environmental rules and policies applicable to each location
- Installation and commissioning of equipment associated with the medium voltage portfolio
- Identification and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical faults of medium and voltage products and competent to respond and repair recurring problems and emergency services as required independently
- Manage field service routines even under adverse conditions and without supervision
- Coordinates Service operations and delivery activities and controls the execution according to the organizational guidelines.
- Completes broad scope of technical tasks including installation/commissioning, maintenance and evaluation of customers equipment and systems etc
- Supports customer remotely and onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
- Contributes to or conducts the maintenance and improvement of internal tools, equipment, processes, and data repositories.
- May be involved in technical design and developments for service offerings.
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
- At least 3 years’ experience as Technical Service Engineer within Medium Voltage, particularly vacuum circuit breakers, and gas/ais insulated switchgears.
- Demonstrated proficiency in repair troubleshooting, shop operations, and testing of assigned programs: electromechanical repair and maintenance of medium voltage air and gas switches
- Passionate and prepared to manage issues related to technological innovation and problem solving
- Strong orientation to reach the targets and to customer service, initiative, autonomy and propensity to work in team
- Technical High School Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automation
- Available to frequent business trips on national level, and sometimes also international
- Good knowledge of English and Italian, both written and spoken
- Ability to prioritize effectively, handle shifting priorities and troubleshoot
- Willingness to learn about new and innovative technologies
- Capacity to establish and maintain positive, cooperative, working relationships
What can we further offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smartworking;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are recognized;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous learning;
- Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family;
- Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Meal totally paid by the company;
- Car, Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, offering equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
We believe strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications, and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing, and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, VIA VIPITENO, 4 MILAN (Italy).
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time