We’ve got ideas to improve the way people travel. Can you help us bring them to life? Join us as Head of Industrial Engineering at our brand-new train manufacturing facility in Goole.
Siemens Mobility is developing a brand-new train manufacturing plant and supply chain rail village in Goole, East Yorkshire. Phased development of the 67-acre site is now underway to support the manufacturing of the new Piccadilly line tube and future main line trains.
In this rewarding role you will lead the Industrial Engineering function and have functional and disciplinary leadership of a team of circa 10-15 people. You will ensure safe working methods, processes, engineering support, maintenance of equipment and facility, project management, change management and digitalization, are delivered for the Goole operation.
What part will you play
- Manage a team safely with particular focus on wellbeing and safe behaviours
- Lead the local realisation of a new fleet of rail vehicles, including the development of UK processes / layouts, design and procurement of jigs & fixtures
- Being the first point of call for all Engineering issues arising from the manufacturing process
- Lead the transfer of technology and knowledge from European sites to the UK
- Full accountability of technical and process issues that arising during vehicle manufacture
- Develop, operate and manage an approved technical change log, recognising, communicating and expediting effective resolutions
- Conduct manufacturing audit trails to ensure compliance with design documentation, specifications and applicable standards
- Contribute to Goole future strategic plans and roadmaps through creation and ownership of Industrial Engineering strategy in line with overarching Goole, UK Customer Services Rolling Stock, UK Rolling Stock and UK Manufacturing for all rolling stock business segments that align with Goole production
- Design, plan and implement a safe and productive TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) system
- Ensure maintenance teams, whether internal or external, follow all required safety and quality processes to maintain equipment and availability for the plant
- Ensure the team are productive and always deliver quality outputs
- Manage escalations when required through applicable channels, either locally with Goole Management team or with appropriate counterparts in other facilities
- Plan and allocate suitably qualified technical resources to meet current and future operational requirements
In addition to
- Budget responsibility for own area including leadership on CAPEX and maintenance spend
- Single point of contact for facilities management, forming strong relationships with the various facilities management provider(s)
- Provide management information on CAPEX, maintenance downtime/plans, change management
- Identify and implement productivity enhancements
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Complex engineering manufacturing experience (rail, automotive, marine, aerospace, etc.)
- Knowledge of special processes (welding, bonding, adhesives, painting, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of industrial engineering, manufacturing equipment maintenance and techniques / processes
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- People Management experience
- Collaboration skills
- Ability to understand and implement new methods and processes relating to area of responsibility
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Knowledge of SAP
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time