Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
What are my job responsibilities?
Data Engineer will assist the Design, Development & Documentation of data driven solutions on the Rail Enterprise Asset Management System. He/She is responsible to describe the solution in relation to a specific use case and need to translate business requirements into a technical specification.
- Translation of business requirements into solution concepts in closed alignment with the Business Analysts, Domain Experts, Data Scientist, and other Developers to ensure overall consistency of integration.
- Get involved in building Reliable & Robust data ingestion pipelines with other developers of the Rail Enterprise Asset Management System.
- Involve in data loading activities as & when required.
- Involve in doing POC or exploring new tools to improve existing solution.
- Capable to understand current development environment & fix issues on existing & newly developed data ingestion pipelines.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a relevant Data Engineer role
- Experience in coding languages like Python / Java / Scala.
- Experience in Scripting languages like Shell / Groovy / Curl.
- Experience & Know How in the following areas: Writing SQL/HQL, Unix/Linux command
- Understanding & Experience of Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, HBase, Hive, NiFi and Spark.
- Understanding of NoSQL/SQL Databases like Hive, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, HBase & Cassandra
- Understanding of concepts like job scheduling, Data Catalog, Data Governance.
- Ability to clarify & discuss technical concerns with both Technical & non-technical individuals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status,
or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time