Role: SDET - Lead Automation QA Engineer
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
With our innovative and integrated technology we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a SDET Lead and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Change the future with us.
- You’ll help bring us closer to our goal of 100% bug-free application launches by owning the development of our QA automation and manual platform. From customizing the framework to work seamlessly with DevOps tools to recommending IT policies and procedures, you’ll be involved in every aspect of our QA automation strategy. We’re always looking for ways to make our next development project roll out even better than the last, and you’ll be a key part of that.
- Leading the QA automation system architecture and design.
- Working on the testing automation framework.
- Building specific automated monitoring tools when needed.
- Generating reports to measure the automation results.
- Teaching team members how to perform various aspects of testing (automation/manual/performance).
- Extensive experience in designing & developing Test strategy, Test Plan and Test automation framework
- Design and execute test scripts at Integration and system level
- Ensure traceability of test automation
- Ability to extend support in Manual Testing
- Test Environment set-up/management, monitoring and streamlining of release management to QA Environments.
- Proficiency integrating test suite with tools in CICD pipelines
- Working knowledge on API & Performance Testing
- Understanding of industry standard methodologies in QA
- You’re an experienced automation test framework and script developer, and you like applying a wide range of skills to solve complex problems across the software development lifecycle. You enjoy working in an Agile environment and you have a good understanding of computing software, hardware, and networking infrastructure.
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- We need a graduate - Bachelor’s degree in BE CS/BTech IT/MCA or equivalent, with 8 to 12 years of experience in software test development.
- Strong experience about software test development to build and use automation frameworks using technologies: Java, Selenium, Serenity BDD, Cucumber, RESTful, JSON and XML, IntelliJ, Eclipse IDE, etc.
- Proficient at coding in one or more of the following languages- Java (preferred), Python.
- Exposure to the best practices in SQA and software development, including code reviews, debugging, troubleshooting and CI/CD process.
- Experience in current build and test automation tools and processes, such as JUnit-TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Good work experience Atlassian tool stack, i.e. JIRA, X-Ray or any other equivalent test plug-ins, Confluence
- Experience in API Testing - Understanding of client-server architecture and communication principles.
- Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (GitLab).
- Experience working in Agile team, performance testing using JMeter/Gatling, Mobile Automation Testing (IOS, Android) is a plus and Fundamental knowledge of databases of SQL, NoSQL etc.
- Good understanding of Performance, Security, Accessibility and Cross-Browser Testing
- Experience in testing AWS Cloud applications and AWS Services.
- Experienced in doing scalability testing.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication, and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Chennai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time