Yunex Traffic, a Siemens Business, is at the forefront of a technological revolution in Intelligent Traffic Systems. As cities and states begin to plan for and implement autonomous, electric, connected and shared ITS infrastructure, they are also looking at ways to handle existing infrastructure, including highways, city streets, tunnels, and pedestrian crossings that continue to be hotspots for congestion.
Yunex Traffic works with engineering consultants, transportation systems operators, traffic management centers, emergency support personnel, and city planners to help manage existing traffic infrastructure. We make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central, Adaptive Control, and Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS).
We are currently seeking to hire an Enforcement Solutions Engineer to craft and deploy enforcement solutions in the United States. The position reports to the Manager of Enforcement Portfolio, based out of Austin, TX, or New York City, NYC.Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Enforcement Solutions Engineer is responsible for designing and deploying traffic enforcement solutions for bus lanes and doesn't block the box. The infrastructure and equipment deployed typically utilizes the core systems and products from the Yunex Traffic Sicore and Lanewatch product portfolio, incorporating unattended ALPR and video analytics and AI edge-based devices.
- The role primarily requires customization of the commercial-off-the-shelf product and proprietary software. A typical installation may require a mix of wireless, wired, and fiber optic communications.
- Deliver customer projects in the US while working as a critical customer-facing contact and taking ownership for delivery within time and financial budgets.
- Identify and implement process and product changes resulting in safety, cost, and quality improvements.
- Maintain existing customer relationships through ad-hoc customer support and remote or onsite assistance. Find opportunities for new business.
- Have a natural flair for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Information Technology, Masters preferred.
- Prior experience in Advanced Traffic Management Systems and Enforcement Technology - including Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR), Bus Lane Enforcement, Tolling Technologies, and Block-the-Box/Speed Enforcement is required.
- IT background (Linux / Windows), including network configuration, setup, and troubleshooting. AWS cloud-based environment is helpful.
- Basic mechanical knowledge for hardware wiring, mounting, and installation for test preparation and test drives.
- Working knowledge of IP communications, routing, switching, VPNs for network design, and SQL Server or MySQL.
- Knowledge and experience of a regulatory framework and accreditation processes for civil and criminal enforcement systems.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and natural eagerness is a must.
- Minimum of 7 years successful experience in the mobility space and successful demonstration of the above responsibilities.
- ~50% travel within the US. Occasional trip to the UK to the Yunex Traffic Enforcement Center for training and knowledge transfer.
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Enforcement Solutions Engineer, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.