Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual for a position as a Solution Architect within our Aerospace, Defense, Federal and Marine (ADFM) Business Unit. As an ADFM Solution Architect, you will be a leading resource that is responsible for designing cutting edge software solutions, using our Xcelerator portfolio, that aid our customers in realizing their digital future.
As part of a Professional Services team, you will work productively alongside Consultants, Architects, Project Managers, and other internal & external interfaces to ensure that the customer succeeds in their objectives. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, leadership skills, process improvement skills as well as configuration and implementation skills. As an Architect resource, you will be responsible for the translation of business requirements into specific process aligned designs for the Siemens DI Software solution-based on best practices in the subject area.
In this role, you will interact with the customer to support the management of customer expectations and support customer adoption by leveraging the complete Siemens Delivery framework. You will establish the technical integrity of the solution and ensure it remains aligned to requirements and value delivery throughout project to achieve stakeholder value. Your leadership will also provide direction for process design, integration and change activities either internally or at customer sites and leverage relevant templates in the leadership of project solutions while also curating best practices and templates. This role will primarily work under self-management and will determine solutions, methods and procedures on assignments/projects. Lastly, you will be asked to participate in the Architecture Community of Practice, promoting adoption within projects, and ensuring that knowledge and lessons learned are shared across project/program boundaries.
- Understand and demonstrate how Siemens solutions will impact and integrate with customers’ initiatives, business drivers, value and impact.
- Analyze and translate business requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms to achieve business objectives.
- Bring to bear industry standard methodologies and templates for the Siemens PLM Software solution delivered to provide customer value.
- Lead the application of Solution Definition and Solution Enablement elements DI Deployment Framework on projects.
- Provide accurate and timely information to project management team collaborating on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits.
- Establish, build and maintain effective relationships with internal or external customers technical peers and build new relationships through networking within the customer and other involved parties to support effective delivery.
- Set and manage stakeholders' expectations, demonstrating thought leadership to effectively influence key contacts and recommend solutions.
- In conjunction with the senior project leadership and account team, apply stakeholder management methods to support successful adoption of a viable DI solution.
- Oversee validation activities, including any required prototyping, with the customer to verify if the best in class templated solution applies to the customers environment, justify and defend selected solution to the customer explaining why and how this solution will deliver the highest value to their business.
- Outline process changes that will need to occur and assist the customer drive Organizational Change.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably with software engineering background, Advanced Degree may be substituted for industry experience.
- Multiple years designing Teamcenter or similar customer solutions.
- Experience in the technical leadership of large software implementation projects.
- Demonstrated experience using Advantedge or similar methodology or best practices to help implement projects.
- Experience using Agile principles in project execution.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to present sophisticated issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external Customers.
- Proven team leadership skills.
- Location: Any Major Midwest or Eastern U.S. City.
- Expected Travel requirements: 25%-50%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.