Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Demand Planning Manager, OEM
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. The Manager, OEM Demand Planning reports to the Sr. Director, Global Demand Planning as part of the Global Demand Planning Team and works to improve all aspects of driving the right product to the right place at the right time with a focus on products that are Purchased/Planned through the Siemens outsourced Manufacturing Network (OEM products). As the person in this role, you will:
- Act as the key point of contact for the Demand Planning Function with respect to specific challenges within the OEM product lines.
- Manage team of Planning and Buying Professionals who share in the duties of OEM Planning and Purchasing (Buyer/Planners)
- Drive visibility of OEM Supply Chain Performance through enhanced Digitalization
- Ensure that employees have appropriate training and required experience to competently perform required duties
- Be responsible for consolidating and understanding sales and marketing data to produce demand plans/forecasts for procurement & logistics
- Understand the wider business context to anticipate impacts on sales and supply
- Take leadership role in identifying and establishing solutions and provide recommendations to fulfil customer demands while meeting business expectations
- Resolve disruptions in Supply continuity, escalate as needed to Senior Management for support and report on results
- Align demand plans and supply disruption avoidance with relevant stakeholders across the organization.
- Update monthly inventory projections at each distribution center and monthly excess and obsolete (scrap) projections at same
- Utilize Demand Planning Software and SAP to establish replenishment plans in a make-to- stock planning environment
- Manage the inter distribution center replenishment activities for your products formulating the appropriate safety stock levels at each based on past demand variability
- Analyze/adjust demand forecasts to account for forecasting bias and develop stretch goals for increasing forecast accuracy
- Prepare monthly analysis to support the Sales and Operations Planning process
- Lead projects focusing on the continuous improvement and/or alignment of Planning processes
- Generate and review low inventory items to avoid customer backorders and achieve Line-Item Fill rate (LIFR) goals
- Use root cause and corrective action to drive improvement in day-to-day activities.
- Improve upon existing KPI’s as a measure of the health of the OEM Supply Chain
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, and you show team and customer orientation.
- Understand multiple disciplines within a Supply Chain organization, APICs certifications a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain Theory
- Are familiar with typical supply chain health metrics, e.g., forecast accuracy, LIFR, backorder.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 8+ years of Demand Planning/Forecasting experience
- Have a high level of proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- SAP or similar ERP system experience
Candidates should have the ability to demonstrate advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed, to include principles of predictive analytics using system applied algorithms to achieve best fit demand forecasts based on wide range of data sources.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.