In recent years, Siemens has transformed itself into a company that is oriented around digital transformation. At Siemens Digital Industries Software, Mendix – the industry-leading low-code multi-experience platform (https://www.mendix.com/) and MindSphere® - the leading industrial IoT as a service solution (https://siemens.mindsphere.io/) are critical to helping our customers achieve digital transformation. These are cloud native capabilities, built using modern micro-services based architecture patterns and leveraging containers to provide our customers flexible deployment options either in a SaaS mode or in their Private Cloud. In addition, the Mendix platform will drive deep integration across the Siemens Xcelerator portfolio, also supporting interoperability across disparate applications in customer legacy environments. Mendix enables anyone in the ecosystem, to easily build, integrate and extend their existing data and systems to find new ways to leverage that data to deliver value to customers and partners. Using advanced analytics and AI, MindSphere powers IoT solutions from the edge to the cloud with data from connected products, plants and systems to optimize operations, create better quality products and deploy new business models.
The Cloud Solutions Portfolio Development Executive (PDE) will be responsible for developing and executing the Americas go to market strategy for Mendix and MindSphere in the Aerospace Defense Federal and Marine (ADFM) industry.
As part of the America’s Zone Sales organization, the PDE must drive the pipeline creation and sales of assigned product domains by targeting accounts and industries where the products have a fit. The PDE must work closely with ADFM Industry PDE’s, account teams, internal and external partners to support the industry strategy. To achieve success, a PDE will be responsible for and take on ownership of Cloud Solution campaigns, leveraging and collaborating with cross functional teams to maximize software opportunities. As a trusted partner with direct and indirect sales teams, this role will be at least 50% customer facing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build pipeline for low code and IIoT solution domains within assigned accounts using sales plays, campaigns and other resources.
- Define campaign/initiative success with ADFM Sales Leaders, create the execution plan and follow through by driving campaign execution in collaboration with Industry, Marketing and Sales teams.
- Own the discovery phase with clients, and report progress against pipeline development weekly.
- Deliver sales enablement training as required.
- Deliver campaign and initiative materials to prospects and clients as required.
- Define business needs, develop value propositions and contribute to the generation of compelling proposals.
- Develop and articulate Trends-Implications-Possibilities-Solutions, create presentations, and deliver a demo through AVI.
- Articulate “why Siemens?” in non-technical terms (then if required, at a more technical level).
- Support closing process as required.
- Provide market feedback to portfolio and product management about emerging industry specific requirements.
- Must have 8 years of enterprise software sales, business development or presales experience and strong, proven grasp of technology/solutions
- Understanding of PLM, Industrial software, low code and IIoT solution domains.
- Experience solving complex IT problems directly related to the application development process.
- Familiarity with modern cloud architectures that utilize micro-services technology, container orchestration, service mesh and event driven architectural concepts.
- Understanding of US DOD, Aerospace and Defense eco-system and the enterprise software procurement processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Marketing and Sales Teams in developing and refining industry segment (Aerospace & Defense, DOD) messaging and executing account-based Go-to-Market plans.
Demonstrated success executing land-and-expand solution placement in strategic accounts, and
supporting subsequent account development efforts to close larger, enterprise agreements.
Ability to articulate an end to end Digitalization message to the customer and map Siemens technology to the customer’s requirements and vision.
- Demonstrated capability to be the trusted advisor for the client within new or existing customers at various organizational levels
- Experience aligning with mid/upper level management and technical users
- Approximately 50% travel
- BA/BS degree required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. As part of a Zone Software Sales organisation, advocate and drive the development of allocated portfolio domain/s through the identification of a clear target market and go to market strategy, and the execution of campaign and initiative centered strategies to leverage and maximise software opportunities. Establish clear market positions for portfolio domain/s within Zone understanding what problems we are solving and the business value delivered to customer in order to build a compelling sales message and collateral for campaign/initiative within each Country or vertical, appreciating that these messages will differ between industry and between country. Act as trusted advisor to Sales, PreSales teams within the Zone providing guidance on the planning, execution and measurement of portfolio development activities. Act as key point of contact for Sales teams for campaign knowledge and technical support. Establish and track measurable goals for monitoring portfolio growth against each campaign/initiative, in own portfolio domain, across Zone and provide feedback to campaign and initiative owners on content and lessons learnt. Works on portfolio domains including campaigns/initiatives of complex scope. Works under self management on assignments/pursuits and will determine solutions, methods and procedures. Provides guidance and mentoring within zone to others on portfolio development approaches in specific portfolio domains.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.