Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.”
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, is fundamentally reinventing the way applications are built. The Mendix platform was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams so that an entire organization can participate in the application development process. With Mendix, thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Zurich Insurance, Freshfields, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas quickly.
Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable legacy and resources.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum, and we're looking to grow our APJ Team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you.
As a Senior Presales Solution Architect at Mendix, you are part of our APJ Presales team. In that role you will engage with the largest enterprise customers and prospects across various industry segments. You will be responsible for partnering with our Strategic Account Executives to show the value of the Mendix platform to our prospects and customer base. As an out of the box thinker, focus areas will include revealing solutions to Mendix prospects through Solution Architecture workshops, deep dive sessions and Mendix enablement. Building positive relationships across all levels as the technical trusted advisor in these accounts is critical!
In the role of Senior Presales Solution Architect, we drive digital innovation by:
- Crafting and delivering individual product presentations and demonstrations (both online and onsite) to our customers
- Facilitating workshops with customers to understand their application portfolio and IT landscape
- Advising prospects and customers on the use of the Mendix products in their environment
- Running technical deep dive and architecture sessions
- Executing Proof of Concepts with customers
- Supporting Global Marketing team in analyst briefings (Forrester, Gartner, IDC, etc)
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- Minimum five year of relevant Presales Solution Architecture experience with a good understanding of the aPaaS/PaaS and cloud market space
- Well versed in complex application architecture, comparing and contrasting technologies against IoT, Middleware, BPM, SOA, 4GL, etc
- Experience with Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum
- Able to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Experience in conducting workshops, training and consulting engagements
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills - the ability to present and communicate to senior, high profile leaders in English, other languages are a plus
- Ability to travel as needed, throughout Asia
Working at Mendix
Mendix has been recognized as a Best Cloud Computing Company to Work For by Forbes. With offices in 16+ countries including headquarters in Rotterdam and Boston, Mendix provides an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
While each employee brings their own unique cultures and personalities to the workplace, we collectively live by our Mendix Blue Guiding Principles:
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time