Siemens Mobility Limited are looking for a Materials Handler for our Yunex business in Ashby. You will be required to support the Logistics Controller / Line Manager in maintaining and administering stock requirements. As well as this you will be responsible for the issuing and receiving of physical stock as and when required to undertake any relevant duties related to warehouse activity.
What are my responsibilities?
- Receiving and unloading of stock from suppliers, couriers, and engineers
- Picking and issuing of stock as detailed on all despatch notes, to installers, engineer, internal depots and customer sites
- The moving and storage of all stock in and out of the warehouse, in a safe and tidy manner, and which is also in-keeping with the company’s health and safety guidelines
- Ensure the filing of all documentation relating to goods receipt and despatch manifests are kept up to date on a daily basis
- Pass all completed despatch notes on a regular basis (hourly) to the Logistics Coordinator for booking purposes.
- Assist in carrying out continuous stock checks in the form of Perpetual Inventory Audits or any other type of Stock Audits, as and when instructed by the Logistics Controller
- Answer incoming calls promptly, and in a polite and courteous manner
- Notify the Logistics Controller of any stock and process related issued that become apparent on a day to day basis
- Responsible for the contractual and company confidential information
- Undertake appropriate training in line with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- 4 GCSE’s including Mathematics and English (Grades A-C), however there are other criteria on which ability in these areas can be assessed e.g. passed a functional skills test in the last 5 years that demonstrates the numerical and literacy skills to the level of GCSE
- Knowledge of SAP desirable, or a similar system used for ordering and managing materials in a warehouse environment
- Familiar with the process of receiving and checking goods in and goods out of a warehouse operation inc. order picking and packing of goods.
- Current forklift licence (desirable)
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse or goods receipt/despatch environment (desirable)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time