Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Do you love coding? Are you passionate about creating innovative, well-designed, high-quality software solutions which excite users and impact people’s life? Are you interested to work and grow in a high-paced, result-oriented, rewarding and fun environment?
If yes, then it’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together. The Molecular Imaging (MI) division of Siemens Healthineers is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team to develop next generation PET and SPECT imaging devices (see also https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/molecular-imaging).
This role can be located in either Hoffman Estates, IL or Knoxville, TN. Relocation will be provided to out-of-state candidates.
In this role you will develop software which:
- reliably calibrates PET or SPECT imaging devices to maximize quality of images created during patient scans thus enabling physicians to diagnose patients correctly and with confidence.
- assesses image quality performance of the device
- smartly diagnoses and helps to service complex, cutting edge technology devices thus avoiding or minimizing system downtime for doctors and patients
- enables efficient manufacturing of the product
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Driving the design, implementation and integration test of application features
- Leading the efforts to understand user needs, help to come up with innovative solution concepts, demonstrate feasibility, get early customer feedback and execute according to defined implementation and integration plans.
- Writing and reviewing technical documentation
- Troubleshooting issues reported by test team or customers
- Evaluation of new technologies, refactoring and redesign of existing solutions
- Coaching less experienced team members
Required skills, education, and experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field
- Excellent analytical and software engineering skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of an agile team collaborating with other local and remote teams in US, Germany and India.
- Willingness to take responsibility, to drive and own topics. Positive commitment to customers, company and team.
Preferred skills, education, and experience:
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design, patterns and architecture principles applied in large-scale systems
- Excellent understanding of distributed system design, asynchronous communication and multi-threaded application development
- Experience in medical device domain, DICOM, Siemens Syngo and Somaris platforms is preferred but not necessary.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.