At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
You are a sophisticated software engineer who can craft and maintain server-side code to hold up a flourishing physics-simulation product that runs both on the desktop and on the cloud. You care about modularity, maintainability and backward compatibility, but you'll call out opportunities to improve. You're deliberate but unafraid to enhance code in a repository shared among over 200(!) developers. You have the self-discipline and energy to thrive independently with light direction.
- Design, build and document robust, extensible software
- Collaborate closely with colleagues through tools like Jira, Confluence, Git and Bitbucket.
- Thrive with a modern IDE in a large, distributed environment.
- Work as a team through peer-based design and code reviews.
- Build and maintain automated unit and integration tests.
- Navigate a huge code base: hundreds of modules and millions of lines!
- Travel occasionally to collaborate in person (up to 2%).
Our Core Framework includes the client-server object model, along with frameworks that support our scientific functions, and the automation of our product through querying, journaling, and scripting.
Our software product is Simcenter STAR-CCM+. It performs highly scalable simulations of an array of physical phenomena including Computational Fluid Dynamics, Electromagnetics and Solid Stress. It integrates CAD, physics modeling and post processing tools.
Our customers use Simcenter STAR-CCM+ to design everything from toothpaste tubes to container ships, from reverse thrusters on passenger jets to machines that detect pulmonary embolisms.
We are part of Siemens, a leading, worldwide engineering company that produces cutting-edge solutions to help people thrive .
We are friendly, dedicated and smart.
Our comprehensive benefits encourage diverse lifestyles. We are not a "crunch-time" culture, and we have an open-ended vacation policy based on achieving your goals.
Discover more about the Digital World of Siemens.
- Serious coding chops in object-oriented, current (C++ 17) and modern development tools
- Expertise in creating client-server, desktop products for Linux and Windows Degree or commensurate experience in computer science, engineering or mathematics with 3+ years of post-academic experience in software design and development
- Detailed know-how about client-server communications and parallel programming
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and concisely
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience with client-side Java development
- Expertise in physics and mathematics
- Facility with scientific software applications
- Contributions to open-source projects
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.