Job title: Software Engineer (DevOps Engineer)
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution customer enquiries.
- Assisting our Business with technical challenges
- Perform 1st and 2nd level support
- Assisting our Business with Requirements concerning a Gitlab integration into their business processes
- Check incoming service tickets, forward them to the related developer, if applicable and find the best possible solution for the customer
- Document and report outages
- Analyze outages and support to perform measures to avoid the same issues in the future
- Support with the Authorization of users
- Perform repository specific configurations
- Service Monitoring - Availability, Performance and ...
- Middle-Man between Business and Development
- Perform gitlab trainings
- Understand business and how gitlab can support
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You must have BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech qualification with 2 + years of confirmed ability
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the 1st and 2nd level application support
- Good knowledge of operating system administration (Linux e.g. Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS...) and networking
- Good knowledge of Infrastructure as Code language with Terraform
- Good knowledge of Configuration Management with Ansible
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of programming languages like Python, Bash/Shell, Perl .... Understanding existing code and being able to adapt programs to our needs.
- Awareness of DevOps and Agile principles.
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Strong sense of ownership and showing initiative
- Excellent Social competence: the ability to work in teams and excellent communication skills
- Strong Customer-focused behavior, proactive action and initiative
- Strong ability to work together cross-functional teams, like development and operations
- Excellent Capability to collaborate with responsibility and respect
- Up-to-date know-how in web-based applications and IT architecture / distributed systems
- Basic knowledge of common cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc.)
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time