Head of Research Group: Multidisciplinary modelling
We are seeking professional to lead the research group “Multidisciplinary modelling" within our central research and development unit, Siemens Technology (T) in Russian Federation. The Technology department occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, the USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
The research group is focused on development and numerical modelling of various equipment and industrial processes applying advanced methods for Computer Aided Engineering (CAE).
What are my responsibilities?
Be a dynamic leader who is technically sound and demonstrates leadership qualities to plan and execute against business objectives while evolving the capability of the team.
- Define and lead execution of the Research Group’s business strategy including target definitions, growth areas and business plans in line with Siemens Company Core Technologies (CCTs)
- Acquire and handle the research group budget
- Contribute to the Technology Field´s strategy and roadmap and align globally to ensure implementation and execution.
- Build Siemens-internal network to acquire projects that convert research results into business impact; maintain relationships to the business units within Siemens.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key universities and institutes to expand technology portfolio and jointly pursue public funding opportunities.
- Closely interact with Principals, R&D heads and Technology Field heads.
- Assist developing brand recognition externally by networking with industry experts, attending conferences and partnering with universities.
- Collaborate with T Research Groups to build larger products and integrate into comprehensive solutions.
- Participate and lead projects with Siemens businesses, including research & development as well as technical consulting.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
Qualified candidates will have:
- Master's degree in relevant engineering and/or computer science fields required. PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as researcher and engineer in the areas of Multiphysics simulations (CAE)
- 3+ years of supervisory experience or program/project management engagement leading teams in an R&D environment required.
- Numerical modelling background preferred.
- Established networks within Russian academia/research institutions required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English required. Capable of presenting complex technical topics and negotiate in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings, and projects.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts with a strong customer service orientation required.
- The ability to travel 30% of the time (domestic/international).
Company: OOO Siemens
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time