Let's make the difference together!
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Who Are We?
Our Core Framework includes the client-server object model, along with frameworks that support our scientific functions, and the automation of our product through querying, journaling, and scripting.
Our software product is Simcenter STAR-CCM+. It performs highly scalable simulations of an array of physical phenomena including Computational Fluid Dynamics, Electromagnetics, and Solid Stress. It integrates CAD, physics modeling, and post-processing tools.
Our customers use Simcenter STAR-CCM+ to design everything from toothpaste tubes to container ships, from reverse thrusters on passenger jets to machines that detect pulmonary embolisms.
We are part of Siemens, a leading, worldwide engineering company that produces cutting-edge solutions to help people thrive.
We are friendly, dedicated, and smart.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a software engineer who can craft and maintain server-side code to hold up a flourishing physics simulation product that runs both on the desktop and on the cloud. You care about modularity, maintainability, and backward compatibility, but you'll call out opportunities to improve. You're deliberate but unafraid to enhance code in a repository shared among over 200(!) developers. You have the self-discipline and energy to thrive independently with light direction.Your Area of Responsibilities
- Design, build and document robust, extensible software.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues through tools like Jira, Confluence, Git, and Bitbucket.
- Thrive with a modern IDE in a large, distributed environment.
- Work as a team through peer-based design and code reviews.
- Build and maintain automated unit and integration tests.
- Navigate a huge codebase: hundreds of modules and millions of lines!
- Travel occasionally to collaborate in person (up to 2%).
- Serious coding chops in the object-oriented, current (C++ 17), and modern development tools
- Expertise in creating client-server, desktop products for Linux and Windows
- Degree or commensurate experience in computer science, engineering or mathematics with 3+ years of post-academic experience in software design and development
- Detailed know-how about client-server communications and parallel programming
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and concisely
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience with client-side Java development
- Expertise in physics and mathematics
- Facility with scientific software applications
- Contributions to open-source projects
Remote work is available for a candidate with successful experience at long-distance collaboration.Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time