Siemens Healthineers is building tomorrow’s talent. Shape the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technologies around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers;
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Siemens Healthineers is proud to be a Great Place to Work-certified company® in Canada for 2020-2021, 2021 Best Workplaces in Ontario™, and 2021 list of Best Workplaces™ for Women.
As a leading medical technology company, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications, digital services and clinical Point of Care diagnostic products, that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company’s foundation in in-vitro diagnostic, image-guided therapy, and in-vivo diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients.
Siemens Healthineers in Canada stands for engineering expertise with a pioneering spirit in exploring and developing business opportunities to help healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. Our 800 employees in Canada located across Canada and 54,000 worldwide, work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
• 70% of critical clinical decisions are influenced by the type of technology we provide.
• More than 31 million Canadians benefit from Siemens Healthineers products every year.
• An average of 85,000 Canadians per day receive treatment or tests from a Siemens Healthineers device.
• Siemens Healthineers participates in 30 healthcare research collaborations in Canada and around the world.
Under the supervision of the Sr. Manager SQA; the Sr. SQA (Automation) Architect is responsible for the planning and leading the implementation of test automation framework. This position includes performing DevOPs activities supporting Epocal-Siemens Medical devices. These activities include Test Automation Framework design, development, and maintenance, developing Test Automation strategy, and implementation. It may include Test Automation into a continuous integration server (Jenkins, TeamCity).
Sr. SQA (Automation) Architect will work with developers in the planning and development of emulators, and utility scripts\applications.
- Host Software (Android PDA)
- epoc Data Manager Software (eDM) (Web-based application with SQL database)
- epoc Data Manager Lite Software (eDM Lite) (Desktop application with SQLite database)
- Supporting development and maintenance activities within the software group.
- Collaborate well in a team environment and develop good relationships with peers
- Proven experience developing, implementing, and maintaining test automation framework/environments
- Proven experience in the areas of website and web application usability testing
- Proven Test Automation experience working with Appium, Selenium and/or Profilence
- Database knowledge and experience with SQL and/or SQLite
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Knowledge of mobile tech (Android), web and API level testing
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of web technology (REST, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with software testing methods (validation, verification, white box, black box, integration, etc…)
- Experience with detecting, reporting, and tracking software defects
- Excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Proven work experience in software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Highly self-motivated, goal orientated and self-directed
- Passion for testing at all levels (user acceptance, failure mode, edge cases, deep dive)
- Strong desire for quality and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience using Java and/or other languages for test automation
- Experience working with Virtual Machines (VMs)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, Develop and maintain Automation Frameworks and Libraries
- Document procedures and requirements for Automation tools and processes
- Performs test execution for various projects (internal and external tools)
- Creates libraries and test cases/scripts based on product requirements and medical industry regulatory demands
- Executes test plans and test cases/scripts
- Documents anomalies and maintains database for tracking defects and historical analysis
- Verifies and document defect fixes
- Maintains test equipment and test environments
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required.
- Supports members of Software Quality Assurance team
- Regular interaction with members of Software Development team
- Supports company-wide Quality Assurance initiatives especially related to software
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal
- 7+ years of working experience in software testing
- 7+ years of solid working experience in automation using Python
- Medical environment experience is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge/experience with testing approaches and methodologies
- Knowledge of the Test Management software would be helpful (TestRail, RedMine, Jenkins, etc…)
- Experience with tools integration
- Excellent knowledge of Operating Systems, computer peripherals, including excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge of servers, security, and communication protocols (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth), routers.
- Good understanding of embedded and multi-platform application environments (PDA/Mobiles, PC, potentially others)
In our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity, Siemens Healthineers requires employees, contractors, and business partners to be fully vaccinated with relevant dose(s) of a Health Canada approved vaccine for all new hires by their start date.
“Fully vaccinated” means it has been 14 days after receiving the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (i.e. two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series), and which may include, at the Company’s discretion, any further doses in accordance with Health Canada guidelines.
Exemptions will only be granted for medical reasons or on the basis of a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.