This position reports to the Automation Sales Manager and works with branch sales staff to improve market presence and achieve consistent order intake growth for the Indianapolis Branch.
We are hiring a Business Development Manager for Indianapolis covering the state of Indiana. The position will act as the Branch strategic leader in all aspects of developing, selling, and implementing digital smart building solutions. The BDM works as an integral member of the branch team, which includes sales and operations, project engineers, and project managers. The focus of this position will be on some of the largest most prominent projects, customers and design engineers in Indianapolis. We want to change the way buildings are designed and challenge conventional building! Come join our dynamic team of highly skilled professionals.
What will you do?
- Develop and lead strategic project pursuit
- Work within Siemens internal and external ecosystem to enhance customer focus use-cases
- Create and manage branch business and tier relationship development strategies (design engineers, general contractors, mechanical contractors, etc)
- Track and report pipeline of opportunities in close collaboration with branch and zone leadership
- Engage proper HQ & Zone resources as required for project development
- Proactively position Siemens as a technology and energy partner with general contractors, consultants, and end-users
- Work in close collaboration with applicable industries to network yourself and the Siemens brand.
What will you need to succeed?
- Mechanical, Electrical, Information Technology or General Engineering Degree is preferred
- Technical proficiency, expertise knowledge related to Smart Buildings and structures
- 5+ years of relevant industry work experience
- MS Office Knowledge, skills, or expertise including advanced presentation skills
- Customer relationship management experience
- Required amount of travel is 5-10%
- Individual must possess a valid driver's license in good standing.
- The main objective of this role is to grow the branch solutions beyond its current production and gross margin target.
- Achieve new project pipeline expectations.
- Lead tier construction market approach utilizing smart building, IoT and ecosystem solutions to differentiate Siemens in the marketplace and on target projects/accounts
- Excellent networking skills within the industry and/or territory.
- Provide guidance to branch sales management on strategic project acquisition
- Conduct internal training sessions
- Conduct external training sessions for consulting engineers, general contractors, and existing customers
- Provide project specific strategic guidance and leadership
- Provide project specific presentations
- Enhance and innovate current solution set
- Provide in depth, vertical market specific, customer research back to corporate office
- Construction specification development
Preferred Qualifications: The list of preferred qualifications is preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
- BS/BA in engineering or STEM, or advanced degree, preferred.
- 5-10 years of sales/ business development and operations experience
- General knowledge of IT / OT/ LV systems, converged networks, and cybersecurity
- A strong consultative technical approach to understanding customer needs and communicating solutions that solve their project / business use-cases.
- Industry certifications such as LEED, PMP, CEM, etc. helpful.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.