Mentor Graphics® is a leader in automation software for electrical and electronic industries. We enable companies to develop better products faster and more cost-effectively. Our innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of electrical, PCB and chip design.
Mentor’s IESD division develops CAPITAL, a software suite used globally by automotive and aerospace manufacturers and wire harness suppliers to enhance their electrical distribution system (EDS) design and manufacturing flows.
CAPITAL is a Java-based tool that encompasses the following technologies:
· Computer Aided Design and Engineering
· Relational Database (Oracle, Postgres)
· Object Oriented Design and Development
· Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
· Web-services and API’s for customer-specific integration and customization
· Highly interactive desktop, web and tablet clients
· Framework for automated regression and performance testing
We have open position for software developer to join our Engineering team. The successful candidate will be required to work within a team using agile SCRUM methodology, and implementing user stories. The candidate will aim to ensure that the stories are developed with the highest levels of quality within the sprint.
As a software development engineer in the Electrical Systems Division of Mentor Graphics, the incumbent is required to understand, design and implement solutions for the electrical systems domain.
1. Interact with marketing to transform requirements into software specifications
2. Design and implement the functionality for the requirements
3. Participate in code/design reviews and continuous improvement of product line
4. Interact with co-workers and stakeholders to improve the quality of the product
5. Provide support to customer services group for addressing customers issues
6. Familiarity with relational databases, SQL and/or NoSQL databases
· Programming Experience: Extensive hands on experience in developing software using a modern programming language (C#, C++, Java or similar) with proven routine application of object oriented design and unit testing
· Software Skills: Experience in routine application of object oriented design and unit testing. Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities, capable of designing suitable solutions using appropriate algorithms and data structures. Well versed with software development best practices, lifecycle and methodologies
· Soft Skills: Good verbal and written English communication skills. A commitment to quality, eagerness to learn self-motivated and takes initiative
· Education: Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other engineering/technical/scientific domain
· Experience working in a team using an Agile process
· Experience developing multi-tier, commercial off the shelf and/or CAD software
· Experience in refactoring of code of varying complexity and/or automated test coverage
· Experience developing/maintaining object model and/or public APIs
· Experience significantly improving performance, capacity and/or scalability
· Familiarity with electrical and harness domains
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time