Technical Support Engineer (Industrial Controls)
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens!
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Industries Division as a Technical Support Engineer (Industrial Controls) and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
We are looking for a skilled engineer to join this team and provide support for our world class range of Totally Integrated Automation products, with a focus on our Industrial Controls portfolio. This is a great opportunity for an Engineer at any stage of their career and to work in a friendly team environment. Although primarily an internal role based at our Manchester office and at home, occasional site visits and overseas training may be required.
What are my responsibilities?
- Providing telephone, email and remote support for our partners and customers.
- Taking an accurate brief from the customer regarding their technical problem and diagnosing the fault within a specified time frame.
- Using questioning techniques to identify the problem and to be able to identify when issues need escalating.
- Co-ordination of escalated cases to Headquarters.
- Enhancing the quality of service delivered to Siemens customers.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Experience or understanding of low voltage control products.
- As this position involves considerable liaison with customers at all levels excellent interpersonal skills, in particular communication skills, are essential.
- Any experience in the Siemens Industrial Controls Portfolio (https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/products/automation/industrial-controls/sirius.html) would be advantageous but is not essential as full product training will be provided.
- Experience of Siemens SINAMICS Drives, SIMATIC S7/HMI and TIA Portal would also be advantageous but is not essential.
- Applicants should be qualified to NVQ / HND / HNC / Degree level in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or a relevant Automation discipline.
- Candidates should also enjoy working as part of a team and the ability to work under pressure is essential.
- A good understanding of IT concepts including Security, Databases and Operating Systems is desirable.
We’ve got a lot to offer! How about you?
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close cooperation with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here or contact the recruiter.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time