Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
We are currently looking for a Presales Consultant based in our Concord, GTA, Ontario location, who would report directly to our Manager of Presales Support. The ideal candidate is someone with excellent analytical skills, who can multi-task on various projects, who is experienced in presales consulting and has exceptional organizational skills. You will have specific responsibilities for supporting Siemens Ruggedcom Ethernet network portfolio - switches, routers, serial servers, network management systems, cyber security solutions and wireless products.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Provide technical presales consulting for the Ruggedcom product suite and our key industries Electric Power, Transportation, and Oil & Gas, working together with Siemens resources and customers globally.
- Provide Ethernet network designs, responses to RFP’s and RFI’s, proof of concepts, communication, and cyber security solutions for large-scale projects.
- Be part of the headquarter and center of competence technical presales group responding to requests of key customers, sales force, and Field Application Consultants.
- Support our customers and sales force at customer presentations, demos, and fairs, also onsite and worldwide.
- Work closely with sales, technical support, professional services, engineering, and various internal groups to deliver high-level communication solutions.
- Consolidation of market and product requirements including feedback to management and product marketing.
- Provide knowledge transfer and technical training to customers, sales force, and technical resources.
- Support the preparation of product specifications, white papers etc.
- Capturing and forwarding of references at key customer applications.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise appropriate discretion to establish a strong customer relationship.
- Log and track requests in presales reporting and tracking systems.
What will you need to succeed?
- Working knowledge of configuring, implementing, proof of concept, troubleshooting, testing and design of the following Data networking and wireless technologies: TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VPN/Firewalls/Cyber Security; Routing protocols – OSPF (Strong), BGP, RIP, VRRP; Network Security – Firewalls, IDS, SSL/TLS, PKI; T1/T3, DSL, VoIP, RSTP/Spanning Tree
- Testing equipment – sniffers/protocol analyzers/traffic generators
- Network Management Systems
- Wireless WiFi technologies: 802.11a/b/g/n, WiMAX
- Cybersecurity technology an asset (e.g. next generation firewalls, intrusion detection, data diodes)
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with the following attributes: Recent (last 2 years) Cisco certifications or other vendor certifications: CCNA, CCNP, Security Certifications are a plus.
- Experience in providing solutions and application consulting
- Experience in the Electric Power, Transportation and/or Oil & Gas industry
- Demonstrated self-starter with excellent communication skills acting as customer interface while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent internetworking experience, consulting and presentation skills and the ability to handle complex and time-critical inquiries.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong English Communication skills
- Bilingual French speaking an asset.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited - RuggedCom
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.