At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Amazing Working Hours: M-Th: 6:00AM - 3:00PM - Friday: 6:00AM-10:00AM
The Siemens Large Drives Business in New Kensington, PA, is looking for a Electrical Test Technician. In this role and under close supervision, the Electrical Technician will test variable frequency drives, subassemblies, various components and equipment. You will report directly to the Production Supervisor.Responsibilities
The Electrical Engineering Technician Level I (Production Test Technician) will be responsible to demonstrate product functionality to pre-defined test criteria and utilizing various test equipment. Also responsible to:
- Assist Tech II and Tech III with connection and energizing of final product with low, medium, and high voltage.
- Evaluate and test System Operating Programs to defined Test Plans.
- Perform wiring, cable prepping, and assembling as per the wiring diagrams. Read and understand all related drawings including, but not limited to, assembly drawings, bill of material, test procedures
- Troubleshoot test issues from schematics, utilize quality notification tools for escalation of issues.
- Maintain safe, clean, and orderly work area by utilizing 5S practices and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Adhere to all safety policies and utilize all PPE.
- Lift and position products to precise location using overhead crane and other material handling devices (i.e., power jack, fork truck). Move/position product as required.
- Test, repair, and perform required maintenance of electrical distribution systems.
- Actively participates in Safety and LEAN continual improvement initiatives.
- Assist less experienced associates.
- Work overtime as required.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, advised or assigned.
- Test equipment knowledge specifically, OHM meters, oscilloscopes, HI Potter, DMM, and Clamp-on CT's.
- Proficient use of basic hand and power tools required.
- Ability to perform tasks from engineering drawings, wiring schematics, and bills of materials.
- Ability to climb to different heights and work at heights above waist level.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Basic math and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Basic digital literacy required.
- Minimum of one year mechanical, electrical, or related experience in a production environment
- Associate Degree in Electronic Technology or equivalent.
- Proficient digital literacy using excel, word, SAP
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.