Job Title: Cloud Solution Architect – Technical Expert
Are you interested in opportunity to explore interesting and unusual ways to exercise your skills in computer science for application to distributed and decentralized systems? Are you also passionate about building innovative and scalable Cloud, Serverless, IoT and Edge applications and platforms? Join our research group to explore how to apply these technologies and knowledge to new era of Digitalization, Internet of Things, Blockchain Applications, Industry 4.0 and Smart Infrastructure.
Contribute with your insights into the workings of cutting edge and emerging computing architectures and your solid knowledge/experience in software engineering. Apply your skills to optimize and accelerate adoption of autonomous and intelligent systems. Research new technologies and ideas in decentralized software architectures.
Make real what matters.
You will architect, design and develop prototypes and technology demonstrators with a very high quality to solve contemporary and emerging critical business challenges. Following are (but not limited to) your core business expectations:
• Create scalable and cost-effective cloud solutions for Siemens’ customers and Siemens’ business units.
• Work closely with R&D as well as OPS teams to develop cloud infrastructure and strategy.
• Define highly efficient but cost-effective cloud operations approach.
• Define, implement, deploy and maintain development, staging & production environments for cloud-based (Amazon Web Services, AWS) micro-services architecture.
• Establish self as a trusted advisor with the client through an in-depth understanding on cloud providers, solution architecture and applications.
• Apply your specialized knowhow to empower software applications with maximum reliability and performance.
• Effectively execute projects from comprehensively analyzing requirements to rapidly designing and implementing solutions to develop highly reliable and performant decentralized and distributed systems from concept to realization, targeted to deliver solutions to Siemens business problems globally.
• Continuously hone and upgrade your skills in the constantly evolving technology world. Create the future through intellectual property such as patents and publications in prestigious conferences and journals.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
• Excellent knowledge and experience in creating cloud solutions using IaaS, PaaS, and network offerings of at least one of AWS or Azure cloud.
• Experience in building and managing enterprise scale Kubernetes clusters.
• Proven experience in executing lift-and-shift or re-platforming of enterprise applications to cloud.
• Ability to define and create an overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instance, storage instances, subnets, availability zones etc.
• Ability to design the network architecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets.
• Experience in defining, creating, or managing hybrid cloud infrastructure with support for cloud bursting.
• Experience in defining and orchestrating IoT backends on Public or Private cloud infrastructure.
• Proven professional experience designing and implementing automated deployments of modern applications (CI/CD pipelines) using DevOps principles to cloud infrastructure
• Excellent understanding of the entire CI/CD/CD process with ability to design new CI/CD pipeline architecture and processes.
• Understanding of various cloud deployment models and techniques together with ability to create monitoring, alerting, and automated response to manage cloud infrastructure.
• Good familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and IBM Cloud.
• Knowledge of Edge offerings of AWS or Azure.
• Good knowledge of Containerization; Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
• Good knowledge of tools and technologies essential for Cloud DevOps
• SCM – GitLab, GitHub, Bit Bucket, etc.
• CI/CD – GitLab, Jenkins, etc.
• Scripting and Automation – Linux Shell, Perl, PowerShell
• Configuration Management – Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
• Monitoring – Grafana, Kibana, Prometheus etc.
• Infrastructure as Code – Terraform, Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager
• Good understanding of Industry standard design patterns / architecture such as MVC, Microservices, Lambdas etc. and good knowledge on REST/JSON
• Working knowledge on setting up automated testing for cloud native applications.
• Proven experience working in fully Agile teams.
Domain expertise that could be a further plus:
• Expertise in at least one of the domains such as IoT Platforms Development, Industrial Automation, Autonomous Driving, Additive Manufacturing will be a big plus.
• Soft Skills
• You have excellent communication and presentation skills
• While you are self-motivated and capable of working independently, you are also comfortable in teams
• Masters (M. Tech/M.S.) in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 7+ years, OR
• Bachelors (B. Tech/B.E.) in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 10+ years.
• Cloud Architect Certification of either AWS or Azure is a plus.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination to help us shape tomorrow.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time