Job Title: Senior UX/UI Development Architect (Technical Expert)
- Front-End Architect who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- You will be delivering quality experiences by working closely with the other developers, designers, artists in all aspects like animations, audio, physics, rendering and more.
- Collaborate and consulting on user experience planning with a lead experience designer.
- Work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Lead UI Engineer, front-end engineers, and architects to provide guidance and recommendations on front-end best practices including testing, code style, project structure, deployment strategies, frameworks, tooling, accessibility, internationalization, and performance.
- Lead and Mentor a team of developers to deliver high quality and engaging outputs produce within agreed timeframes.
- Deliver in a low supervision, high possession, and agile environment within agreed timeframes, Define architecture and best practices for building highly optimized and performant, Web/Mobile/AR/VR/MR experiences
- Validate functional specifications, build technical specifications and application documentation.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use,Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Be champion and educator on modern front-end development tools, methods, and workflows, Support change readiness initiatives as needed,Create and maintain a toolkit of UI controls and custom elements for Web/Mobile/AR/VR/MR applications.
Knowledge and experience:
- Have 10+ years building web experiences with a focus on UI/Front-end for Web and Mobile environments.
- Good understanding and 3+ years of experience with Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality and Virtual Reality Development.
- Software Engineering
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and software best practices & patterns, like dependency injection,Expert in using testing frameworks like (Jasmine, Karma, Protractor).
- Proficient with code versioning tools, such as Git, VR/AR/MR/xR Development
- Good understanding and experience in 3D Geometry / Physics/ Data Structure/ Design Patterns/ Multiplayer networking.
- Experience and strong knowledge Unity 3D programming, Must have experience in 3D visualization.
- Expert knowledge of Unity3D Programming including Unity Game engine, C# scripting, Asset Bundles, Materials/ Shaders. Experience in developing products or enterprise solutions on mobile or gaming platforms, Experience with game industry standard software tools is a plus.
- Expert in semantic web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap and Foundation
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS and server-side frameworks like Express.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them. Ability to create responsive design implementation across devices, platforms, screens, etc.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Sketch, Invision, or Photoshop is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in using Mobile Backends as a Service (MBaaS).
- Ability to develop native as well as hybrid apps using frameworks like Flutter, Ionic, Cordova, etc, Familiarity with Progressive Web Apps development.
Bachelor’s/Master's degree in computer science or equivalent with 10+ years of experience.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time