Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as eDiscovery Program Manager
This is a role well suited for an ambitious professional, looking for a challenging, fast-paced, in-house career in eDiscovery.
About the Job
As the eDiscovery Program Manager
you will be part of the Litigation Team within the Legal and Compliance
Department. We are looking for someone with deep IT eDiscovery/technical
expertise as well as specific experience throughout the EDRM lifecycle related
to litigation, internal/external investigations, and other sensitive matters
that may arise. You will work to develop
and implement best practices around eDiscovery and provide expertise on both
technical and substantive eDiscovery issues.
You will work with in-house legal counsel, IT, paralegals, as well as external counsel, preferred eDiscovery service providers and Siemens Healthineers business partners. This position will report to the Chief Litigation Counsel, Siemens Healthineers with a work location based in Malvern, PA.
The Main Areas of
- Providing strategic guidance and hands-on technical support for users in the selection, use, and validation of litigation technologies for end-to-end eDiscovery.
- Providing expert advice on the development and continuous evolution of the Siemens eDiscovery program and initiatives and manage / document implementation of improvements.
- Acting as a liaison and facilitator between internal and external counsel, IT group, cybersecurity team, business personnel, paralegals, and external service providers.
- Management of external service providers.
- Creating and maintaining reports on eDiscovery program performance, costs, and demands, as requested by Associate General Counsel.
- Serve as business the application owner for in-house eDiscovery platforms and other legal technology, including overseeing and contributing to required problem-solving, troubleshooting and testing
- Direct and assist paralegals in the collection and processing of ESI in all formats, as well as participating directly in these processes.
- Work with in-house counsel to consult on case-specific eDiscovery strategy.
- Partner with in-house counsel to increase efficiency and promote defensible, repeatable processes across matters.
- Interface with IT on the rollout of applications that may be litigation data sources, including assessing requirements to meet eDiscovery needs to retain and collect data, as well as facilitate testing/validation of implementation requirements.
- Actively participate in the rollout of all relevant enterprise and eDiscovery applications, including coordinating with IT, and external vendors and Microsoft to ensure data from all sources can be placed on legal hold, collected in bulk, and produced.
- Consult as needed with data protection team and ensure eDiscovery program complies with GDPR, CCPA and other applicable data privacy laws/regulations.
- Monitor metrics related to eDiscovery vendor work across the eDiscovery program, including document review, to drive program-wide quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Analyze software and process information to create business models, identify savings and cost avoidance.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8+ years of dedicated eDiscovery experience at an external vendor, law firm, or substantial sophisticated in-house eDiscovery experience. CEDS certification preferred.
- Significant experience concerning eDiscovery and the EDRM, including collection and processing applications. OpenText Axcelerate, Exterro Fusion, and Microsoft Advanced eDiscovery experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including the ability to summarize and explain complex topics to diverse audiences in a clear, succinct way.
- Advanced and demonstrated project management skills, including proven analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Project management certification preferred.
- Broad knowledge concerning ranges of IT, including IT terminology, IT processes, commonly used IT systems and applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of database concepts, data modeling and database applications and the application of such knowledge in a variety of situations.
- Good overall knowledge of information security concepts and a strong understanding of their dependencies as related to eDiscovery.
- Knowledge of automation via scripting, schedule tasks, batch jobs, command line functions and macros a plus.
- Highly proficient technical skills in MS Office Suite, including advanced Excel knowledge.
- Ability to provide technical training, direction and assistance to paralegals.
- Team player who can also work independently, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, and maintain patience in high pressure situations.
to travel occasionally domestically and internationally (est. <10%).
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.