At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens EDA has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer to design and develop a web-based component-research tool. As a Cloud Software Engineer, you will work on an Agile Scrum-based multicultural engineering team. You will participate in developing breakthrough Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software, which is used by our customers to create a variety of amazing products, from smartphones to satellite systems. You will be working across disciplines, organizational and geographical boundaries to rapidly develop world-class software in Mentor Electronic Board Systems (EBS) SaaS portfolio. We believe in Agile development, so our teams are expected to be self-sufficient and perform without the classical management structure. Furthermore, these teams foster a culture that allows everyone to express their views, be a contributor, and grow as a professional.
- Design and develop a web/cloud-based component-research tool
- Work on an Agile Scrum-based multicultural engineering team
- Participate in code review and knowledge sharing activities
- Work without supervision on highly complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related discipline
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in Cloud Technology (preferred AWS)
- Experienced in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experienced in UX (User Experience)
- Good knowledge in database management (preferred MySQL)
- Good Knowledge in DevOps
- Good Knowledge in project building/life cycle systems (SBT, Maven, etc)
- Good knowledge in at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, PHP, etc.)
- Strong problem solving, analytical and trouble shooting skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.