Siemens Mobility is looking for a Site Manager in Signaling Railways Infrastructures, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan.
Mobility goes digital.
The Mobility Division is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value-added that is unique, and not only in our industry. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us! You get the right conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
The Challenge: What will be your responsibilities?
Site Manager has a responsibility for ensuring all works on site are carried out safely, technically perfect, contractual compliant and that all team members comply with the requirements of the project and adhering to site rules
Ensure the timely briefing of methodologies, processes and safety related documentation and a good understanding of project scope, tendered methodology and price
Site Manager is in charge to coordinate the work activities performed by internal and external partners and employees, and monitoring compliance against Country Laws, contractual agreements, Siemens’s Policies
Site Manager is responsible to recognize and anticipate contractual non-conformances and adopting remedial measures in consultation with the project management
Ensure all deployments are accompanied by a completed Authority to Work Form and Role Description and that construction documentation is present, adequately covers the works being undertaken and compliant with relevant standards, regulations, quality and EHS guidelines
Planning & Controlling
Ensure an ongoing review of progress and that works are completed in line with program, manage the customer interface
Monitoring costs for discrepancies in the context of supplies and services
Auditing of invoices for supplies and services rendered that are submitted by subcontractors
Specification, review/ inspection and acceptance of subcontractors' supplies and services (e.g., site infrastructure, assembly packages) and handover to the customer. Steering/ participating in acceptance by the customer and/ or official authority
Control the quality of works to promote a right first-time approach minimizing waste and removing the requirement for revisits
Feedback of lessons learned to internal partners (e.g., Project Managers, Project Facilitators, body of experts)
Continuous improvement of workflows and processes
Supply all reporting in line with department and Siemens requirements, this should include Safety tour, close calls and the timely reporting of incidents in line with company and project processes
Monitor and ensure a good appreciation of material requirement against project demands ensuring ensure all waste materials are disposed of and recorded in line with project processes
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds:
- Proven 5-7 years of site management experience of complex Signaling Railways projects
- High level technical education (Master Degree in Engineering, with preference for Electrical or Electronic engineering);
- Fluent English and Italian written and spoken
- People Management Experience (preferred)
- Availability to travel for short or medium duration missions at local and international level
- Excellent result orientation
- Safety culture aware – to be able to influence and develop an existing culture to the latest generation thinking and practice
- Analytical thinking, working for team, using own initiative in critical paths
· Supporter of a consistent company wide approach to continuous improvement
· Strong and effective communicator across peer group within the company and customers
· Pro-active approach to learning, and seeking information from within and outside the company
What can we further offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smartworking.
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded.
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training.
- Flexible Welfare programs and Health insurance that can be extended to your family.
- Shareholding plans for the employee.
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance.
- Meal totally paid by the company.
- Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, offering equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
We believe strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications, and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing, and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Via Vipiteno, n.4 Milan (Italy).
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time