Senior Tendering Manager
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is the market leading road technology business in the UK. We have a clear purpose to improve society through a safer, more environmentally friendly and faster road network that helps drive the UK economy. Our customers know us for quality, reliability and innovation and trust us as a long-term partner.
Reporting to the Head of Tendering the Senior Tendering Manager shall:
- Follow the tendering process for the full bid lifecycle. You will contribute to the definition and implementation of winning bid strategies.
- Manage the creation of quotations and winning tenders so they meet a high standard of quality and satisfy all formal customer requirements, internal approvals and the customers’ specified deadlines. Bids range from £5k to £50m.
- Take full ownership of the preparation, review and coordination of compelling tenders and quotations and develop a good understanding of the offering with an ability to challenge the input from others and identify any potential issues and risks to a successful bid submission at the earliest opportunity.
Amongst various other activities this includes: the allocation and coordination of responsibilities across technical, commercial and financial considerations:
- liaison with internal and external parties, partners and subcontractors
- organisation and chairing of review meetings and the preparation of all review meeting materials
- production and delivery of presentations internal and to our customers up to board level
- escalation of issues
- provision of leadership to the bid team (which may be based in the UK, at German HQ and/or worldwide) with regards to requirements and timescales
- Collation of costs and the calculation of pricing
- Editing and coordination of compelling tender documentation ensuring high levels of consistency and quality
- ensuring timely submission to the Customer
- ensure high levels of consistency and quality in tender documentation which adequately captures our offer, provides an accurate baseline for a future project, incorporates lessons learned, and mitigates company risks
- Manage the internal sign-off and governance process up to HQ board level as and when required.
- Responsibility for some activities following tender submission, e.g. clarification question responses, negotiation of price, terms and conditions, lessons learnt activities, order booking and handover to project delivery following contract award.
- Work with the Head of Tendering to ensure all processes are in line with best practice and capable of driving successful bid submissions and implement any ongoing improvements.
- Development of bid writing process and tools to maximize bidding efficiency including identifying bid writing tools to improve bid efficiency
- Contribute to the provision of reports and forecasts.
- Accurate management of bid budgets
- Responsible for transferring knowledge from the Tendering team to the Delivery team at handover
- Complete other reasonable tasks relating to tender management which may be required from time to time.
- Working supportively with other Senior Tendering Managers, and members of the ITS Sales Team within and outside of the UK as required.
- Deputise for Head of Tendering on occasions.
- Occasional travel both within the UK and Internationally is required.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time