As a Data Scientist, you will be using your analytical, statistical, and programming skills to work with multiple data sources, both large and small, identifying patterns to support business decisions by training, developing algorithms, creating visualizations, and generating reports.
Work closely with Production and process Owners and Engineers to bring various datasets together and cater for business intelligence and analytics use-cases. Additionally, you will contribute to the success of data projects.
Working with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
· University degree with academic achievement in field of computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other data/analytical centric disciplines (Master’s degree is a plus).
· 5 years of professional experience with a focus on data modeling, data analysis and data visualization
· You have practical experience in moderating workshops and implementing projects.
· Medium -High written and verbal English language skills.
- ommunication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on process improvement
- Experience using computer languages such as Python and SQL and distributed data tools like Spark to draw insights from large data sets.
- SAP Experience
- Knowledge of a variety of statistical concepts regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc. and machine learning techniques clustering, tree-based models, artificial neural networks, etc. and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge in some BI tools like: Tableau, SAP Business Objects, Qliksense, etc.
- Proficiency in building automated analytical systems utilizing large data sets
- Experience using version control and collaboration tools.
- Appetite for continuous learning and a willingness contribute to the team
- App developer Knowledge (web, ABAP, etc.) is a plus.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzing data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement business strategies.
- Assessing completeness and accuracy of new data sources.
- Developing machine learning models and other data-based algorithms.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize business outcomes (production process).
- Develop company testing frameworks.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Contribute to creation of documentation and hand-over material.
- Working with others to collectively solve problems and share ideas.
- In addition, you lead and coordinate workshops in our production network.
- Confident communication skills and an ease for interacting with teammates and stakeholders.
- Keeping in sync with current industry trends, sources, and methods
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time