We are seeking a self-motived Product Manager to own the comprehensive Siemens Distribution Systems Services (DS CS) portfolio, which includes services, parts, and retrofit elements. The services portfolio includes traditional CapEx and MRO spend including warranty extensions and digital asset management. The parts portfolio includes traditional spares on new and out of warranty of Siemens equipment, along with OEM offering. The retrofit portfolio includes medium voltage vacuum roll in replacement retrofit breakers, low voltage replacement retrofit breakers, and replacement motor control center buckets.
The Product Manager will develop, implement, and monitor the portfolios R&D roadmap and go-to-market strategy by leveraging market trends, sales force feedback, and customer requirements. In addition to strategy, the Product Manager will be responsible for defining, executing, and achieving both short-term and long-term financial objectives for the portfolio within the United States. The Product Manager will be the steward of the portfolio and will be accountable for achieving financial targets as defined. The Product Manager will monitor the market, competitors, and customers, and translate trends into the R&D roadmap for Siemens Distribution Systems Services (DS CS) portfolio. The Product Manager will coordinate and monitor development of new offering from concept to launch.
Additionally, the Product Manager will support sales and business development personnel to provide advanced and comprehensive technical application assistance for key sales opportunities. Service experience in working with customers in varied market verticals around power distribution is important. Comprehensive knowledge of power distribution and sub-distribution networks, associated service avenues are required. Excellent analytical skills are a must. A culture of ownership and the ability to collaborate and effectively communicate across business functions and business units will be essential for success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college.
- 5-10 years business development, engineering, product management or field services experience related to medium voltage power distribution equipment. Preference given to direct experience with retrofit, and asset management portfolio.
- Hands on experience with medium-voltage and low-voltage electrical distribution products including after-market solutions.
- Good understanding of utility, construction and industrial operations and channels to market.
- Experience with strategy development, business plan creation and presentation, forecasting and order management.
- Ability to interpret and communicate results to varying levels from executive management, sales, operations, as well as customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate expectation, provide clear and honest feedback, and identify areas for improvement.
- Demonstrated leadership experience capable of driving organization to meet goals, motivate cross functional teams through challenges, and provide support to excel.
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Background is a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time including some international travel.
- Self-motivated with customer orientation and clear growth mind-set
* This can be a remote position
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.