Siemens Advanta is looking for a Data Engineer that will be responsible for creating and optimizing data pipelines and data models to support analytics and reporting needs. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and projects.
Siemens Advanta offers an unmatched industrial DNA paired with strong IoT expertise to drive sustainable growth in a digital world. From strategy to design to implementation – we support our customers globally to successfully re-invent their businesses. We offer highly consultative value-add Digital and IoT consulting and technical solutions to our customers regionally in America’s, therefore your experience in delivery of commercial agreements, contractual understanding and cultural consideration is required in this role.
- Design and develop ETL jobs (streaming / batch) across multiple platforms and tools.
- Design and develop data acquisition tools from IoT related devices and protocols such as (Modbus, MQTT, DNP3)
- Design and develop schema definitions and support data storage solution to enable integration of disparate data sources (structured, unstructured, CLOB, BLOB).
- Design, develop and maintain optimal data pipelines (i.e., DevOps) and make them available for downstream data science and business processes.
- Proactively identify and develop expertise in new technologies, methodologies, and techniques.
- Collaborate with other Data Engineers to continuously improve our capabilities to deliver and sustain our analytics solutions.
- Business and opportunity development including proposal and offer creation, including scope definition, effort estimation, proposal development, SOW creation and contract negotiation.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management information systems, engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 5+ years of Data Engineering experience
- In-depth knowledge of relational SQL and NoSql databases, including data warehousing concepts and best practices.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience in at least one the following languages – R, Python, Java, SCALA.
- Deep knowledge of and expertise in big data technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow orchestration tools (DevOps): Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with one or more cloud services: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Knowledge in the IoT space with a general understanding of communication protocols, data storage, cloud computing and big-data analytics.
- Knowledge and experience working with IoT protocols such MQTT, Modbus, DNP3, etc
- Consultative experience in overall Data Strategy, Governance, Management and Security is a plus
- Experience working in an agile or Scrum based environment.
- Proven analytical, planning and communication skills.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Superb organizational and prioritization skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.