The future of the UK’s rail industry is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
The UK offers a significant opportunity for Siemens to establish itself as the sector player in the digital services and data analytics space with the operating system MindSphere and the Railigent digital platform which is aimed to cross through the Rail Market. There is currently significant market interest, particularly due to the leading position that Siemens has within the rail market, within the UK.
The role provides a significant opportunity for a strong business development professional with a proven track record in developing tangible business growth in the Digitisation arena. It is likely the successful candidate will have a solid network built through sales / business development / domain expertise.
You will take responsibility for the identification, development and exploitation of the opportunity presented by the introduction of the Railigent platform and maximise opportunities for success.
- Lead the digital services portfolio for the UK market into Mainline and Urban transport organisations, actively developing digital services opportunities for the installed base, new train orders and 3rd party opportunities
- Strategically develop the product roadmap to introduce the digital services portfolio into the UK market, both internal depot structure and identify other strategic sales accounts
- Be responsible for order intake targets achievement for digital services
- Research and provide voice of customer to HQ Digital Services product management proposing new value propositions, product enhancements and design proposals
- Research and provide market and competition intelligence to inform and develop the market understanding
- Work alongside the bidding team to provide input and expertise for bids for new trains, and standalone digital service opportunities
- Develop account management plans for each of the Digital Services accounts, including support agreements, new business model definition and implementation
- Seek other digital service portfolio opportunities, developing the value proposition with e.g. AVI, Connectivity, AI and robotics
- Develop, maintain and communicate a clear Siemens unique value proposition for each element of the product portfolio from the perspective of the passenger, operator and financier
- Is qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Has a good knowledge of digital and cloud based solutions
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Has a proven track record in developing tangible profitable business growth
- Has a collaborative mindset with high levels of ownership
- A passion for innovation
- Experience of working within the rail market
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time