Senior Energy Engineer / Energy Engineer
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. This position conducts facility site visits, analyzes the customer’s current situation, and produces plans for Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs) / Energy Management Opportunities (EMOs) and perform Digital Energy and Asset Performance services by cloud-based analytics. This position also assists sales and operations in the development, procurement, and execution of performance contracts.
- Engage with the people, understand the challenges, energy usage and patterns, how the plant operates and is controlled, how it provides & uses energy.
- Perform and supervise preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs) / Energy Management Opportunities (EMOs).
- Communicate with outside vendors as it pertains to FIMs / EMOs.
- Assist sales in the identification and qualification of potential performance contracting projects.
- Develop preliminary and final performance contracting proposals.
- Analyze blueprints and perform site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to determine facility operational characteristics.
- Apply building energy simulation programs to develop energy, cooling, and heating load-building models using modeling software.
- Develop design concepts concerning recommended FIMs, including descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and data to verify FIMs / EMOs.
- Evaluate energy supply-side savings opportunities, renewable technologies, water conservation and trash management for inclusion into performance contracts.
- Create performance assurance plans and assist with performance contracting contracts.
- Monitor project performance, particularly those that guarantee savings.
- Independently manage energy and performance assurance plan development and ongoing support.
- Implement Digital Energy and Asset Performance services by cloud-based analytics
- Perform Retro-commissioning (RCx) services
- Prepare financial models related to repayment, including Return on Investment (ROI), life cycle costs, and internal rate of return.
- Cooperate with Siemens Regional Energy Centre of Competence.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or related technical field; Master’s degree preferred
- Energy Manager or Measure &Verification Professional certification is an advantage.
- Energy industry experience supporting performance-based projects or energy services; over 5 years preferred
- Knowledge of energy supply-side savings, and ability to evaluate savings potential
- Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations and IPMVP performance assurance methodologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, Power BI, KNIME Analytics, IES VE or equivalent
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time