Financing the future!
We are more than Financial Services as we are turning ideas into reality. Be it the global transition to cleaner energy sources, the digitalization of manufacturing, the rapid development of smart infrastructure, mobility solutions and healthcare systems - financing is more crucial than ever. We make real what matters by combining our financial expertise with deep technical know-how to provide unique financial solutions. Do you want to play a meaningful role in helping build a better future? Are you also keen on turning established thinking on its head in the search for groundbreaking solutions that maximize value creation? Then join our team and let’s develop together what will be important tomorrow!
The Siemens Bank Singapore Branch has an exciting opportunity to represent the growing Siemens Financial Services (“SFS”) Specialised Finance function, focussing on supporting and transacting bespoke captive projects in the Asia and Australia markets. You will also perform the Product Financing Solution Partner (“PFSP”) role in Asia. This role will be based in Singapore, reporting to the Head of Specialised Finance.
The primary mission is to deliver innovative financing solutions working closely with the PFSPs, the Financing Solution Partners, the SFS Finance Advisory team and with representatives of the core Siemens businesses. You will be required to engage extensively with all these parties in identifying and agreeing on priority captive transactions, in close collaboration with the Head of Specialised Finance and fellow team members. The role will require strong collaboration across SFS to deliver optimal and innovative financing solutions including engagement with the Project and Structured Finance Debt and Corporate Lending teams in Asia Australia. There will be a strong requirement to engage with the external financing market, focussing primarily on Mandated Lead Arranger and primary syndication roles, partnering with other lenders in bank clubs to deliver these first of their kind solutions.
You will be responsible for identifying and transacting captive opportunities on either a bilateral or as part of a bank lead arranging group. In addition, you will be responsible for identifying and prosecuting new markets and products as necessary.
What part will you play:
- Represent the Specialised Finance function in a senior capacity, the role requiring in-depth knowledge of the financial services environment and ongoing improvement of the financial product portfolio to deliver innovative financing solutions for projects and corporates.
- Identifying and proactively developing new markets and sectors and supporting new technologies.
- Structuring, negotiating and executing highly sophisticated project and corporate/hybrid debt structure, pricing and asset analysis and creating term sheets.
- You will be working closely with Siemens AG, in close coordination and collaboration with Financing Solution Partners, PFSPs, SFS Finance Advisory team to support Siemen’s sales activities to projects as well as working in close collaboration with colleagues in Risk Management, Risk Control and other connected SFS teams such as Equity and Commercial Finance
- You will work closely with the Project and Structured Finance Debt and Corporate Lending teams in Asia Australia and the Specialised Finance team members beyond Asia Australia in sharing knowledge and ideas
- You will work with your comprehensive and well-established external contact base of Lead arranging banks, project sponsors and financial advisers to engage proactively on potential financing solutions.
- You will support within an experienced team and contribute to implementing Project & Structured Finance Debt business (project and corporate) through structuring bespoke debt solutions for captive customers in the Asia Australia region.
- You will work in an inspiring environment within a highly motivated culture, where an enthused team focuses on the customer and on best practices.
- Act as additional mentor of the Singapore Branch Internship Program which intends to contribute to the job readiness of Singaporean interns.
What will you bring to the role?
- Min bachelor’s degree in finance or banking / MBA or equivalent qualification is recommended
- Min 8 years relevant experience in a banking / project and structured finance environment
- Be a specialist in financial products (complex, structured, limited and non-recourse loans, corporate/hybrid debt structures)
- Broad and deep commercial understanding and successful track record in project finance debt origination
- Strong market network including with sponsors, arranging banks and advisors to support continued growth in our project and structured debt franchise and engagement with Siemens AG
- Knowledge of SFS and Siemens Businesses considered an advantage
- A high-performance professional demonstrating sound judgement and business integrity who possesses strong communication skills, experience in working in a multicultural environment and demonstrable stakeholder management expertise
- Medium amount of travelling will be required (considering the current Covid-19 restrictions).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Bank GmbH, Singapore Branch
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time