Let’s turn the vision into reality! Join our new group “Autonomous Factory China” and shape the production of tomorrow. As an Applied Scientist you will be responsible for conducting proofs of concepts and implementing prototypes. Continuous customer validations ensure the success of your invention or pre-development project. You work closely together with motivated and highly skilled experts in Beijing and Germany. Achieved results and learnings are frequently reported to the director of Autonomous Factory and AI in Germany (Headquarter Siemens Digital Industries).
Take this unique opportunity and join our team in Suzhou.
• Analyze and understand real customer problems and further enhance the product portfolio with innovations
• Building up a good relationship with business unit (e.g., product managers, business development, system architects), Siemens’ factories and selected customers to identify use cases and understand their
• Define and conduct experiments to evaluate technical feasibility
• Implementation of proofs of concept, and investigation of different solution approaches
• Staying up to date with relevant cutting-edge research and assessment of their benefits
• Application of advanced automation to real-world problems in industrial use cases (e.g., Autonomous Mobile Robots, complex assembly tasks etc.)
• Share insights and recommendations to your peers and product teams
Basic Qualifications and Mindset:
• Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics
• practical application experience in one of these domains: computer vision, motion planning or control
• Strong programming skills e.g., in ROS , C++ or Python
• Prior experience with deep learning libraries like TensorFlow or PyTorch is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English (verbal & written).
• Willingness to learn every day and curiosity to learn how new technologies can make an impact in industry business.
• Ability to develop first ideas about a suitable business model for an innovation
• Experienced with continuous integration (e.g., software testing) and modern software development methods (e.g., scrum) is a plus