As Applied AI Researcher you will be responsible for developing reusable solutions and proofs of concept in the field of manufacturing and engineering systems to realize the vision of an autonomous factory. As part of an innovative team, you perform applied research with a focus on machine learning technologies (e.g., supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning). You work closely together with motivated and highly skilled AI experts in Beijing and Germany. Achieved results and learnings are frequently reported to the director of Autonomous Factory and AI in Germany (Headquarter Siemens Digital Industries).
Ready to apply your knowledge in AI to real-world problems to create business impact? Then this is the right position for you! Take this unique opportunity and join our team in Suzhou.
• Analyze and understand real customer problems and further enhance the product portfolio with innovations
• Building up a good relationship with business unit (e.g., product managers, business development, system architects), Siemens’ factories and selected customers to identify AI use cases and understand their
• Define and conduct experiments to evaluate technical feasibility
• Implementation of proofs of concept, and investigation of different solution approaches
• Staying up to date with cutting-edge AI research and assessment of their business potentials
• Application of AI technologies to real-world problems in industrial use cases (e.g., Autonomous Mobile Robots, complex assembly tasks etc.)
• Share insights and recommendations to your peers and product teams
Basic Qualifications and Mindset:
• Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Machine Learning
• Strong independent AI technical survey ability and implementation skills
• Self-motivated to drive innovations and to secure intellectual property
• Being able to review and implement publications in the field of AI
• Strong programming skills (Python is a must)
• Good analytical skills and mathematical understanding (linear algebra, probability and statistic, convex optimization)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English (verbal & written).
• Willingness to learn every day and curiosity to learn how new technologies can make an impact in industry business
• Ability to develop first ideas about a suitable business model for an innovation
• Experienced with continuous integration (e.g., software testing) and modern software development methods (e.g., scrum) is a plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time