The Solution Architect is responsible for the successful application of the Advantedge Siemens PLM implementation methodology to deliver high quality PLM implementations. The Solution Architect will be expected to provide leadership, overall technical direction to the team, and guidance to the customer based on Siemens best practices. Our Solution Architects are thought leaders in the respective verticals and will be expected to provide guidance to the entire vertical on Industry Best Practices. The Solution Architect position will be reporting to the Electronics, Semiconductor, Medical device and CP&R (Consumer Products and Retail) Technology Director. Experience in the above-mentioned industries would be a plus for this position, but, not required.
- Leadership of the project team and customer to deliver project goals. Ownership of the entire solution delivered to the customer including work done by other team members.
- Oversee all aspects of the technical project. Ensure that Siemens best practices are followed and that the functional specification is implemented correctly.
- Direct the offshore team to successfully implement documented functional specifications
- Assist the Project Manager with estimates, detailed work breakdown structure, and enforcement of scope for the project.
- Become a trusted advisor to the customer to steer customer towards Siemens Best Practices.
- Authoring of functional specs to document all detailed implementation information for the project.
- Working with QA lead to execute our Quality Assurance process.
- Run workshops to execute the Solution Definition portion of Siemens Delivery methodology.
- Effectively communicate design direction to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Support the Engagement Manager on preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications.
- Manage customer expectations across project cycle.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably with software engineering background, Advanced Degree may be substituted for industry experience.
- Multiple years of designing Teamcenter solutions is preferred. Experience with other similar products, such as Enovia, ePDM, Windchill, Aras Innovator or Agile.
- Experience in the technical leadership of large software implementation projects
- Proven experience in leading a prescriptive solution deployment based on best practices and OOTB capabilities as opposed to simply meeting customer requirements as stated
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external Customers.
- Ability to handle tough and ambiguous situations without conflict
- Experience leading offshore team on implementation projects.
- A commitment to drive implementation success in a highly competitive market
- Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customer
- Travel 50%+
- Location: Any City in US North East, Any City in US South, Any City in US Mid-West or Cypress, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; or Fremont, CA or Seattle, WA
- Preferred Electronics, Semiconductor, Medical Device and CP&R industry background and experience
- Preferred experience with the project management of PLM projects
- Preferred knowledge of Iterative Development methodologies
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.