Welcome! We are Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock. We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and enable cost-effective operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources. We are adding a Maintenance Technician- Mechanical, to our growing team. The Maintenance Technician provides hands on preventative maintenance, repairs and installation of complex manufacturing equipment such as robotic welders, CNC machines, hydraulic presses, coordinated lifting equipment, remote controlled equipment movers, three-phase rectifiers, cranes, hoists, pumps, motors and other industrial equipment. These systems are critical to production and require maximum uptime to meet production goals.
What you will be doing:
- Plans and executes assigned maintenance projects.
- Analyzes technical problems on site, and completes repairs and work orders, with specific reference to mechanic systems: Lifting Devices, Pumps, Cranes, Doors Conveyors, Travel Guides, Robots (gears, pulleys, belts), Blast Booths, Paint Booths, Burners / Ovens, Compressors . Executes ramp up, set up and start procedures in order to prepare machines and equipment for operations
- Contributes to installation projects on site, and support accountable Industrial Engineers.
- Supports maintenance of technical documentations of processes and equipment.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, loop drawings, hydraulic diagrams, P&ID’s and blueprints.
- Proficient in three-phase power.
- Experience with motor and motion control.
- Experience with Siemens Sinumeric CNC controls
- Experience with Siemens STEP7 controls
- Experience with Heidenhain scales and encoders
- Proficiency in physics as it relates to pneumatics, hydraulics, mass, motion, electrical charge and thermodynamics.
- An understanding of the components used in hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical circuits.
- Organized and detailed.
- A can-do attitude.
- Safety focused.
We would be impressed if you had:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 3-5 years experience working in a production or processing plant.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience working on VFD and Servo Drives.
- Mechanical experience with motion control components such as linear bearing, gears and splines a plus.
- Understanding of rectifiers and inverters.
- Experience with RTD’s, pressure transmitters, level transmitters and switches.
- Common instrumentation loop experience.
- Absolute and incremental encoders experience.
- Experience with machine guarding safety components such as light curtains, laser scanners, safety switches, estops and safety relays.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.