Siemens Mobility is looking for a Project Engineering in Signaling Rail Infrastructures, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan. He/she will undertake project engineering activities to ensure projects are efficiently delivered to the required contract requirements, quality and safety standards, and to project timescales. The Project Engineer will be expected to act as the Project Engineering Manager on a large project or on a number of medium-sized projects. Additionally, the Project Engineer may be required to undertake the role of Contractor’s Engineering Manager or Contractors’ Responsible Engineer as directed.
Mobility goes digital.
The Mobility Division is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value-added that is unique, and not only in our industry. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us! You get the right conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
The Challenge: What will be your responsibilities?
- Interpretation of the desired outcome into a detailed plan that can be implemented by a project team
- Support and assist the Project Manager to ensure that the development, design construction, testing targets are met, and effect remedial action where required
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of the project, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved
- Monitor and manage the planning and progress of engineering activities in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that anticipated recovery actions are planned in advance to minimize the risks exposure and ensure ongoing reporting to the Project Manager
- Be the Project Manager’s engineering representative on projects
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan
- Act as the Project Engineering Manager on a large project or on a number of medium-sized projects
- Be appointed in the role of Contractor’s Engineering Manager or Contractors’ Responsible Engineer as directed
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Liaising with contractors, suppliers and internal company stakeholders
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of project changes
- Be both a line manager and mentor to other engineering staff
- Ensuring that all aspects of the project proceed while adhering to internal company as well as external regulations and laws – this includes maintenance of project documentation
- Troubleshooting problems as they arise on a project – finding efficient and effective solutions
- Commissioning and qualification responsibilities
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds:
- Bachelor’s degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) or equivalent qualification from reputable university or college.
- Extensive Experience from Rail / Transportation Business.
- Ideally corporate work experience from similar multinational organization
- Excellent command of English and Italian both written and spoken
- Great communicator with an excellent networking and Influencing skills
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance (essential)
- Experience as Team leader for a mid-size Team
- Quality orientation, driven by success
What can we further offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smartworking.
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded.
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training.
- Flexible Welfare programs and Health insurance that can be extended to your family.
- Shareholding plans for the employee.
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance.
- Meal totally paid by the company.
- Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, offering equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
We believe strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications, and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing, and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Via Vipiteno, n.4 Milan (Italy).
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time