If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Digital Industry Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products – be it the automotive or aerospace industry, mechanical engineering or other interesting sectors.
Your new role – Challenging and future oriented
- Responsible for mechanical design of industrial automation products, covers specification, design, testing, supplier controlling, manufacturing introduction and maintenance.
- Support effort estimation for planning. Planning the assigned work package within the scope of process instructions. Align & control planning with supplier.
- Result documentation and transfer of work package.
- Responsibility covers schedule, functionality, product costs, and quality of the work package assigned to him/her.
- Contribution to internal measures for increasing productivity.
- Adherence to architecture, design, and quality guidelines, norms and laws (product design).
Your Qualifications – solid and appropriate
- Bachelor or master’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field; solid theoretical knowledge in mechanical design principles, manufacturing processing, mechanics.
- Be Familiar with plastic injection processing, and common resins properties.
- Be Familiar with sheet metal forming, die casting, die cut, etc.
- Knowledge of cables and connectors, coating processing, anti-corrosion methods.
- Be familiar with CAD tools such as NX, and common PDM concepts and workflows.
- Experience in "design to cost" and "design for manufacturing".
- Experience in designing and maintaining electrical device is an advantage.
- Experience in mechanical simulation is an advantage.
- Good oral and written English.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time