Siemens Large Drives Business Unit is looking for a multifaceted candidate that has operational buying experience in a manufacturing setting. In this role you will lead the organization and purchase of products for the company supporting the manufacturing process. Set up buying plans and maintain master data to support those plans. Expedite materials, resolve invoice discrepancies and supervise supplier critical metrics. Position is responsible to ensure sufficient supply of material to support the production schedule for multiple product lines and customers. Lead inventory levels. Responsible to maintain ongoing relationships with preferred suppliers and help identify new suppliers as needed. You will be able to enjoy a flexible work scheduleResponsibilities
- Lead specific commodities and suppliers to meet the needs of the business.
- ensure inventory plans support business needs without excess.
- Lead all master data for suppliers and materials in SAP
- Collaborate with quality team to resolve issues resulting from the supplier.
- Participate in supplier development and qualification audits.
- Expedite materials as the need arises.
- Collect material documentation to send out for RFQs
- Work with global team to implement contracts
In this section, please outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be considered for this position.
- Minimum 2 year degree with 3 years related experience
- Experience with SAP
- General understand of reading technical specification and engineered drawings.
- Required work experience (including number of years)
- Less than 10% travel.
- Understanding of procurement practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team oriented.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
In this section, please outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
- Preferred 4 year degree
- Preferred experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred experience leading sourcing strategies
- Preferred experience with global suppliers.
- Lean manufacturing training
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.