Siemens Mobility Limited are recruiting for Maintenance Technicians to be based at our Three Bridges Depot in Crawley. The role of the Technician is to undertake train maintenance and repair of the allocated depot rolling stock and carry out associated activities that support the operation of the fleet and depot in a safe way adhering to health and safety requirements, defined processes and regulations
As a Maintenance Technician, you will have an electrical and/or mechanical background and experience of maintenance and fault diagnosis. You don’t have to have background in the rail industry as we will provide you with full training.
Be part of an award-winning company. We have been a leader for seamless, sustainable, reliable and secure transport solutions for more than 160 years. Also at Siemens Mobility, we put our people at the centre of everything we do. Our employees voted us as one of the best places to work in the UK in the Glassdoor Employee Choice awards 2021. Join us to help build the future and make real what matters.
What are my Responsibilities?
- With minimal supervision undertake maintenance of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan.
- Assist other team members with the rolling stock maintenance in order to develop technical skills.
- Identify, order and collect spares and materials from stores.
- Drive rolling stock within the depot site limits, where necessary.
- When necessary carry out fuelling, tanking and operation of Controlled Emission Toilet (CET).
- When necessary assist with cleaning of rolling stock.
- Apply train protection within the depot site.
- Carry out train overhaul activities (site specific).
- Carry out train preparation.
- Undertake any other duties as and when required.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Must have relevant experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment.
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures.
- Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- Knowledge of TACT, Equinox and the ability to use a computer.
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications.
- Some experience in basic fault finding.
This is a permanent opportunity and requires working 40 hours a week on a shift pattern of days and nights.
We will also require you to complete some mandatory online testing for this role.
Due to the requirements to comply with legal responsibilities imposed on us by the Working Time Regulations, ROGS Regulations and other Railway Group Standards, we advise that successful candidates are based up to 1 hour from the depot.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
What else do you need to know?
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time