SAP Revenue Accounting and Reporting (RAR) Analyst – Lead
The Siemens Digital Industry Software business unit is a fast-growing unit with Siemens undergoing a wholesale IT transformation. We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic SAP talent to help in the global rollout of a new S/4HANA environment as the centerpiece of a transformed IT environment. Specifically, we are looking for deep SAP configuration expertise in RAR to add to the Application Systems team. The RAR Lead will work closely with the business stakeholders, application owners, architects and developers to convert business requirements into working SAP configuration and code to meet the demands of a fast-growing and dynamic, challenging software/hardware business. The RAR Lead will be responsible for supporting new business initiatives as well as driving continuous improvement within revenue processes.
- Main objective of the position and the impact of the role
- Brief description of the primary accountabilities of the role that will drive the future employee's performance objectives
- Brief description of where the position fits in the organization including the title of the direct manager and how that fits into the Business Unit/Division, and (if it's a manager position) the size of the team
· The RAR Lead will be responsible for developing new RAR functionality, as well as, overseeing and coaching of more junior RAR team members.
· Helps the team to resolve technical challenges towards delivery high quality, highly innovative software solutions.
· Needs to be a flexible, creative individual, quick to learn, quick to adapt new technology and always on the lookout to replace the current system and processes with something completely new and innovative.
· Apply incisive design and exceptional design and configuration skill to knocking features off the products’ extensive and growing features list.
· Share knowledge and collaborate within the team to ensure that effect support mechanisms are in place for long-term sustainability for effective operation support to maximize customer experience.
· Leads periodic rapid refactoring that keep the configuration and extensions fresh, flexible and reusable.
· Experience with revenue and reporting processes and working with planning, consolidation, and financial reporting applications
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 10+ years progressive post baccalaureate experience in solutioning and deployment.
- 2+ years of experience in an RAR architect role or as an RAR application lead, with experience as architect.
- Required skill set includes extensive knowledge in Finance processes, SAP RAR, Sales and Distribution, Finance and Controlling.
- The candidate should have experience with designing, supporting and optimizing Finance processes for a multinational public corporation preferably in the software industry.
- The candidate should be proficient with related data structures and system configuration with a strong understanding of financial integration points to S4 modules including the General Ledger and the Sales and Distribution module.
- Demonstrated leadership and visioning skills.
- Progressive experience building, maintaining and managing SAP.
- Progressive experience serving in the role of a consultant or business focal handling communication between business groups and IS, including definition and documentation of scope and phased delivery for projects.
- Strong communication, analytical and decision-making skills. Ability to work with all levels of business and IT management
- Ability to communicate effectively with various user groups - excellent written and oral communication skills, including being able to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and resource staff.
- Designs complex configuration as simple as possible, using agile development methods.
- Candidate must possess a base understanding of ABAP code and should be knowledgeable of how to influence system behavior via user exits and BADI’s.
- Develops and directs solution testing and validation procedures, including test automation.
- Travel (<20%) may be required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Strong Project Management skills (preferred)
- Candidate must possess good presentation and communication skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization on a global basis.
- Candidate must possess critical thinking abilities and be able to prepare materials to help drive business approval in decision making in order to strike appropriate balance between ROI and IT complexity.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Product Suite
- Desired skill set includes experience documenting business processes and configuration.
- Experience with defining and supporting user security roles
- Creating and/or designing SAP workflows and improving the user experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with SAP Business Objects or similar reporting tools would be useful.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.